Bruschetta is a favorite flavor combo around here and is frequently requested. So I took a twist from classic Bruschetta with Garlic Crostini and made these Balsamic Chicken Bruschetta Potato Skins!
My mom had been hinting at and asking for these ever since I found out how to make the best potato skin shells. The freshness of bruschetta brightens up these Balsamic Chicken Bruschetta Potato Skins. I also love to use my balsamic glaze drizzled on top for some added acidity and flavor.
You can find detailed instructions on how to make the best potato skin shells here! It is my favorite technique as I found using baked potatoes were just too soft and difficult to work with. Plus my technique above is so much faster! The topping possibilities are endless! Now that I have a recipe for perfect potato skins, it is somewhat dangerous because they are so good!
For a fast and easy appetizer, make the chicken, Bruschetta and the Potato Skin Shells in advance. Then you will be able to make these Balsamic Chicken Bruschetta Potato Skins in less than 20 minutes! I am a big fan of making as much as I can in advance, because time always seems to fly when you are busy! And the chicken can be any leftover chicken you have on hand, making it easy.
These Balsamic Chicken Bruschetta Potato Skins are incredibly addicting with their fresh and bright flavors. You know you have a winner when your husband is hovering over you, waiting for the pictures to be done so he can eat the rest. 🙂
What do you think would be a great filling for potato skins?
Check out our other Potato Skin flavors!
Bacon and Egg Potato Skins
Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins
- 12 4" potato skin shells (see note for recipe)
- 1 cup shredded chicken cooked (see note)
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- balsamic glaze for garnish, if desired, see note for recipe
- 3/4 lb roma tomatoes (approximately 4 large roma tomatoes) (see note)
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a small bowl, combine the bruschetta topping ingredients. Cover and set in refrigerator. Follow the link in the notes to make the potato skin shells if you have not already.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, mix the shredded chicken with the 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar and salt. Set aside.
- Place the potato skin shells on a baking sheet.
- Spread approximately 1 Tbsp of the chicken mixture into each potato skin shell.
- Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese over the chicken in each potato skin.
- Bake the potato skins until the cheese is melted and just starting to brown, approximately 12 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Top each potato skin with approximately 1 Tbsp of the bruschetta mixture. Drizzle with balsamic glaze if desired. Serve immediately.