Garlic Rosemary Polenta Stuffed Mushrooms are simple vegan and gluten free party appetizers.
This post contains affiliate links.
These Garlic Rosemary Polenta Stuffed Mushrooms are gluten free, vegan, and vegetarian which makes them perfect for parties and entertaining when you are feeding a crowd with dietary restrictions. So many stuffed mushrooms are filled with cheese, so this is a fun twist on a classic appetizer!
To make Garlic Rosemary Polenta Stuffed Mushrooms, you can use any leftover polenta that you have or make our Vegan Garlic Rosemary Polenta. You only need 1 cup total of polenta for 18 mushrooms, so it is perfect to use leftovers or from a small batch. If using a different polenta recipe, it may not be vegan or gluten free. First wipe clean your mushrooms and remove the stems. No need to remove the “gills.” Then scoop around 1 Tablespoon of the polenta into the hole of each mushroom cap. The exact amount you need will vary slightly based on the size of the mushroom. You want the polenta to be just mounding out of the mushroom.
Next, get your mushrooms lined up on a baking sheet or in a pan. Drizzle with olive oil if desired, but not necessary. Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes or until the mushrooms are just tender. If you prefer very soft mushrooms, cook longer however they will be more difficult to pick up as they are more prone to falling apart.
You can easily prep and stuff the mushrooms in advance and then bake them when ready to serve. They may take a few minutes longer to cook if they are cold. Garlic Rosemary Polenta Stuffed Mushrooms make a great party or entertaining finger food recipe as they are easy to eat. They are also easy to make in bulk and a fun appetizer alternative. Find our stuffed mushroom recipes here!
- 18 mushrooms (approximately 1.5 inches wide) (white button or crimini are perfect)
- 1 cup Vegan Garlic Rosemary Polenta (or other prepared polenta, see note)
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried rosemary (optional, see note)
- 2 cloves garlic minced (optional, see note)
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare the mushrooms by wiping off the caps and removing all of the stems.
- If using a different prepared polenta, mix the dried rosemary and garlic into the polenta. If using the Vegan Garlic Rosemary Polenta recipe, no additions or adjustments are necessary. Season the polenta to taste as desired.
- Lay the mushrooms out on a baking sheet or cast iron pan, cap side down. Scoop approximately 1 Tablespoon of the polenta into each mushroom cap. You may need more or less polenta based on exactly how large the mushrooms are. Drizzle with olive oil if desired.
- Bake the mushrooms for 10-15 minutes until the mushrooms are tender. Bake longer if you want softer mushrooms however they will become more difficult to eat by hand. Serve immediately.