Chicken Pesto Caprese Pizza
A homemade Chicken Pesto Caprese Pizza ready in 30 minutes using Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast. A quick and easy crust topped with basil pesto, mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes, and chicken for a quick dinner.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (more or less, from 1 3/4 - 2 1/4 cups, it depends on how dry your flour is)
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried basil
- 2 Tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese (or 1 Tablespoon dried/canned)
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (or walnuts)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved (approximately 3 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or fresh, sliced)
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- fresh basil for garnish, optional
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Combine 1 cup flour, 1 package Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
While the dough is resting, make the pesto sauce if you are not using pre-made pesto. Do this by combining all of the pesto ingredients in a food processor and blending until you reach your desired consistency.
Pat or roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface until it is approximately 12 inches wide.
Transfer the dough to a greased baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
Spread the pesto along the dough, avoiding the crust edges.
Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese across the pesto. Top with the halved tomatoes and chicken. Sprinkle a little more Parmesan across the pizza if desired.
Brush the edge of the crust with a little more oil and sprinkle with Parmesan or garlic powder, if desired.
Bake on lowest oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.
Thinly slice the remaining fresh basil, if using, and sprinkle across the top of the pizza. Cut and serve immediately alongside extra pesto, if desired.
If you do not have a thermometer to measure the temperature of the water, the water should be very warm but not too hot. If too hot, it will kill the yeast and the dough will not rise.
You can also use any pre-made or store bought pesto sauce in place of the homemade.
Calories: 742kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 47g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 1152mg | Potassium: 309mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 807IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 350mg | Iron: 5mg