Caprese Cheese Dip
Three cheeses are melted and topped with a caprese topping of tomatoes, fresh basil, and balsamic.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 2 cups
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil finely chopped (or 1 Tablespoon dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- balsamic glaze for finishing, optional (see note for recipe link)
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese for finishing, optional
Preheat oven to 350F.
Combine all of the cheese dip ingredients in an oven safe dish for serving. You do not need to mix them up yet, but make sure the basil is buried so that it does not burn from direct heat.
Bake the cheese dip until the cheese is melted, stirring occassionally.
While the cheese dip is cooking, make the tomato topping by combining those ingredients in a small bowl. Adjust taste to preference with more of any ingredient as desired.
When ready to serve, spoon the tomato topping across the cheese dip. Garnish with additional basil or fresh Parmesan if desired. Serve immediately with dunkers like chips or crostini.
Calories: 761kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 68g | Saturated Fat: 39g | Cholesterol: 214mg | Sodium: 1462mg | Potassium: 463mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2979IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 650mg | Iron: 1mg