A quick and simple vegetarian recipe. This Asparagus, Leek, and Mushroom Parmesan Frittata is packed with vegetables and freshly grated Parmesan cheese for a delicious and elevated breakfast.
This post contains affiliate links.
If I am making breakfast, I want to use a recipe that is fast and simple. You can bet I am not giving up sleep in order to get breakfast out early with a recipe that takes a long time to cook unless it is a holiday. A frittata is very similar to an omelette, just with the ingredients mixed throughout and it is flat. If you are serving breakfast and looking for something easy but elevated, frittatas are a perfect way to go! They are unique without requiring a lot of effort or time.
This Asparagus, Leek, and Mushroom Parmesan Frittata is perfect for spring and Easter. The fresh vegetables pair well with Parmesan cheese in a simple yet delicious recipe. The vegetables provide a fresh and crisp texture to the frittata.
You can easily make a larger frittata for a larger crowd by doubling the ingredients. It can still all be cooked in the same skillet as a thicker omelette. This will take longer to cook but is still just as easy. Vegetarian, low carb keto, and gluten free recipes.
(Anyone else see a Pacman in this picture? 🙂 The mushrooms even look like the eye!) What are your favorite breakfast or brunch recipes for holidays and company?
Asparagus, Leek, and Mushroom Parmesan Frittata
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- Heat an oven-safe large (10 inches) non-stick skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- Prepare your vegetables. Wipe off and slice the mushrooms. Cut the dark green leaves of the leek off and cut off the root end (you will only use the white and light green parts). Cut the leek lengthwise in half and slice one half into strips approximately 1/4 inch wide. Put all of the cut leek into a bowl with water and swish the leek around to remove the sand and dirt. Let it sit until you are ready to use the leek.
- Trim the root end of the asparagus and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Add the olive oil to the skillet. When hot, add the mushrooms, leeks, and asparagus. Saute the vegetables until they are just tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- While the vegetables are sauteeing, in a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, Parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper.
- When the vegetables are ready, add the egg mixture to the skillet. Stir very lightly. Let the egg mixture sit and cook on the stove until the edges are just set, approximately 5 minutes.
- Turn the stove off and place the skillet in the oven. Let the frittata cook until it is cooked through and dry to the touch on top, approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Use a rubber spatula to loosen the frittata and either slide out or flip onto a plate. Serve immediately.