Blackberry Brie Crescent Rolls are a beautiful and incredibly easy dinner roll recipe filled with melted brie cheese, fresh berries, and thyme.
This post contains affiliate links.
Aren’t these blackberry rolls just gorgeous?!? I was in love with the colors and how beautiful they turned out. Something about the different purple, pink, and black hues of a blackberry just pop with the golden brown crescent rolls and dark green thyme.
I am also a huge fan of contrasting flavors, like sweet and salty or sweet and savory! These rolls have it all with the sweet berries, salty cheese, and savory dough. I served them up as a side with a full meal and they got a ton of compliments! Even better, they are so simple that they make a big flavor impact with little effort!
It only takes a couple easy steps to make these crescent rolls. First cut brie into thin strips of approximately 1/2 ounce each. Place it at the top wide end of the roll and scoop 1 teaspoon of berry jam on top (if using). Then sprinkle with just a touch of dried thyme and add three blackberry halves. (Rosemary would also work!) Then roll up like normal (although they will be wider and flatter than “normal”) and bake according to package directions. It might take a few minutes longer until they get to be golden brown. That is it! Keep a gap between the fillings and the edge of the dough to help prevent it from oozing out, but some ooze is inevitable. Just eyeball the 1/2 ounce of brie if you do not have a scale based on the weight of your brie and dividing it out. Each piece would be approximately 1/8 inch thick, 2 1/2 inches wide, and 1 inch tall.
These cheese crescent rolls are best served warm so the brie is gooey. If made in advance, simply reheat gently in a warm oven (a microwave also works, just heat 30 seconds at a time). I seriously can’t wait to make these Blackberry Brie Crescent Rolls again! Find more stuffed crescent roll recipes here!
- 16 crescent rolls (2 packages of 8 rolls)
- 8 ounces brie cheese
- 1/3 cup berry jam optional (see note)
- 8 ounces blackberries (frozen works also, see note)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven as per package directions.
- Prepare a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. It will get messy and this makes for easy clean up.
- Unroll the dough. Cut the cheese into 1/2 ounce pieces at approximately 2.5 inches long, 1 inch tall, and 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut the blackberries in half lengthwise.
- For each roll, place the cheese at the wide end, leaving space around the edge. Add 1 teaspoon of jam on top of the brie (if using), sprinkle with a little dried thyme, and add three halves of a blackberry (sometimes 4 if a wide roll or if preferred).
- Roll up the dough and place on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining rolls.
- Sprinkle the tops of the rolls with the remaining dried thyme (a light dusting).
- Bake according to package directions until the rolls are a light golden brown. There will be some cheese and jam oozing out of the rolls, but it should not be too much. If it is too much, use a knife or spatula and push it back into the center of the roll.
- Serve warm.