These Buffalo Chicken Pinwheel Roll Ups use the classic flavor of buffalo wings in a fun roll up.
This post contains affiliate links.
I love buffalo wing sauce, especially on game day during football season. But I am not a huge wing fan, so I like to get those flavors in different ways. These Buffalo Chicken Pinwheel Roll Ups are a fast and simple tailgating appetizer to make.
I do watch football, and the Super Bowl, but I must admit that my favorite part of the sporting event parties is the food! I love gatherings with a huge spread of different snacks and foods to eat. While variety is nice, I also feel like it is mandatory that there are some classic recipes and flavors. Such as buffalo wings!
To make the Buffalo Chicken Pinwheel Roll Ups, mix some cooked and shredded chicken with the hot wing sauce. I LOVE sauce, but I can only tolerate heat to a medium level. Keep this in mind with guests as well, and just adjust the amount of buffalo sauce up or down as you desire. The cream cheese and blue cheese help cut the spicy wing sauce, so adjust each flavor according to your taste. Mix up the cheese mixtures and layer it all on a tortilla. Roll it up, chill to set, and then cut and serve. So easy! And you can make the Buffalo Chicken Pinwheel Roll Ups logs in advance, and then just slice and serve when you are ready.
Find more of our buffalo wing inspired recipes here! (Both chicken and vegetarian). And find more pinwheel recipes here!
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup hot wing sauce (more or less to taste)
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches wide)
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced thinly
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, blue cheese, and garlic powder.
- In another small bowl, mix the chicken and hot wing sauce. Add additional sauce if desired to your level of spiciness (keeping in mind the cheeses will help cut the heat).
- Spread the cream cheese in a thin layer across the entire tortilla. On top of the cream cheese, spread out the buffalo chicken. Sprinkle with green onions.
- Roll the tortillas tightly into a log. Place the rolled tortillas in the freezer for 10 minutes to set (or refrigerate if making in advance).
- When ready to serve, remove the tortilla logs from the freezer. Cut off the ends that are hollow and cut the log into 1/2 inch wide rounds. Serve immediately.