This Caprese Frittata is full of fresh and bright flavors. Classic caprese ingredients of tomato, mozzarella, and basil make this a great vegetarian breakfast or brunch recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.
If I am going to make breakfast, I want it to be delicious. But I also do not want to wake up really early to make it, either. No sacrificing sleep here! This Caprese Frittata takes only 20 minutes and is incredibly simple. To make the frittata, just mix the ingredients together and bake in a skillet on the stove for a few minutes until the edges are set. Then transfer the frittata to an oven until cooked through and you are done!
A frittata is very similar to an omelette, except the ingredients are mixed throughout the egg and it is flat. My mom is a BIG fan of caprese anything, so I have been experimenting with new ways to use the same flavors in fun recipes. I love to pack my frittatas full of mix ins like the tomatoes and basil, so every bite of this Caprese Frittata has flavor in it. The hubby is obsessed with cheese (aren’t we all?) so sometimes I add some additional cheese right inside.
This Caprese Frittata is vegetarian and gluten free (gf), perfect for entertaining and holidays. Easily make a frittata for a crowd by doubling up the ingredients in the same skillet. It will take longer to cook through but will be just as simple and easy. Find more of our frittata recipes here!
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes) halved
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese in 1/4-1/3 inch chunks
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place a large (10 inch wide) nonstick skillet that is oven safe on the stovetop. Heat over medium heat.
- While the skillet is heating, prepare your ingredients by halving the tomatoes and cutting the mozzarella into chunks approximately 1/4-1/3 inches. Chop the basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, Parmesan cheese, halved cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese chunks, fresh basil, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the oil to the skillet. When warm, add the egg mixture. Stir briefly. Let the egg mixture cook until the edges begin to set, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and place the oven safe skillet in the oven. Bake until the eggs are completely cooked through and the frittata is dry to the touch on top, approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the frittata from the oven. Run a rubber spatula around the edge of the frittata to loosen it and either slide it out or flip it onto a plate. Serve immediately and top with additional fresh basil if desired.