Caprese Pinwheel Roll Ups are inspired by traditional caprese flavors in a fast and simple appetizer recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.
I love to use caprese flavors in a lot of dishes I make. The simple and fresh flavors of tomato, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil work wonderfully together. I love having a few quick and simple recipes up my sleeve for entertaining, and Caprese Pinwheel Roll Ups are perfect for just that. It only takes a few minutes to make these roll ups, and they can be made in advance!
To make Caprese Pinwheel Roll Ups, mix together the cream cheese, tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, and Parmesan. Spread it across tortillas and roll them up into logs. Chill and then slice and serve. So simple! I love a lot of filling, so I make it thick. You can easily make it thinner across more tortillas, which means more pieces!
- Dice the tomatoes. Stack the basil leaves on top of each other, slice in half lengthwise, and cut into thin strips.
- Mix together the cream cheese, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, and Parmesan in a small bowl.
- Spread the mixture across the tortillas in a thin layer.
- Roll the tortillas tightly into a log. Place the rolled tortillas in the freezer for 10 minutes to set (or refrigerate if making in advance).
- When ready to serve, remove the tortilla logs from the freezer. Cut off the ends that are hollow and cut the log into 1/2 inch wide rounds. Serve immediately (cold).