We recently had a dinner party with a pizza night theme. And some of our guests are in love with my Copycat Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo, so I decided to turn it into a pizza with this Chicken Alfredo Pizza!
This post contains affiliate links.
Have you ever done a pizza night? It is one of my favorite dinner themes to do. Whether I am making one or four types, for a group or just us, it is such a fun experience. I tend to make each pizza different flavors and cut them all up for everyone to pick from, but it is also a lot of fun to let everyone build their own!
Making your own pizza elements is completely worth the time and effort! And it is really rather simple to make your own dough and sauce. Learn how to make this Parmesan Black Pepper Pizza Dough here (no boring dough in this house!) which is enough for two thin crust 12″ pizzas like you see here, or one thick crust pizza. It is a perfect pairing for the Chicken Alfredo Pizza!
I make pizzas with a stone that goes in my oven and I use a handy pizza peel to transfer the pizza around. (This pizza peel is pretty close to what I have, and this pizza peel is just GORGEOUS). I think it is worth it to have these gems because the stone makes my pizza crisp up beautifully and the peel makes it so easy to get the dough/pizza in and out of the oven. But you can also use a plain cookie sheet if you want instead of the stone, and something like a thin, flexible cutting board for the peel.
Find more of our ever-popular pizza recipes here! From dough to sauce to toppings, we have you covered.
Parmesan Breaded Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- 1 12" Parmesan Black Pepper Pizza Crust (or your favorite crust)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil finely sliced or chopped, optional
- vegetables of choice if desired
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Prepare the dredging ingredients in three shallow bowls or three small plates. (Bowl 1) Flour (Bowl 2) Egg, beaten with a fork to mix the whites and yolks. (Bowl 3) Panko breadcrumbs, parsley, and Parmesan mixed together.
- Take one piece of chicken and coat in the flour on both sides and edges.
- Transfer the chicken to the egg mixture, again coating both sides and all edges.
- Transfer the chicken to the breadcrumb mixture and coat both sides and the edges. Repeat with the second piece of chicken. You may need additional flour, egg, or breadcrumbs depending on the size of your chicken.
- Add the oil to the skillet. When the oil is heated through, add the chicken.
- Cook until the chicken is golden brown, approximately 5 minutes. Flip and cook until the second side is also golden brown, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Make sure your chicken is cooked all the way through. Continue cooking if necessary. If it is turning brown too quickly, turn the heat down.
- When the chicken is done, set aside.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the nutmeg and cream to the butter. Whisk to combine. Simmer until the cream is heated through.
- Turn the heat down to medium low. Add the Parmesan cheese. Stir occasionally until the cheese is melted. You do not want the heat too hot as it will cause the cheese to break and get lumpy.
- When melted, add salt and pepper to taste. The sauce should be rather thick. Set aside.
- Prepare the pizza dough if not completed already. If following one of our recipes, follow instructions until the crust is par-baked (just barely cooked) and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450F. Place your pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven to heat.
- Place your pizza crust on a peel or another surface that will allow you to easily transfer it to the oven.
- Season the crust edge if desired by lightly brushing the crust with a little olive oil and sprinkling with some Parmesan, garlic salt, or black pepper.
- Spread out the alfredo sauce across the pizza to taste. The sauce should be pretty thick in texture.
- Spread the mozzarella out across the pizza, with more or less to taste.
- Slice the chicken and spread the pieces over the cheese. Sprinkle with the fresh Parmesan.
- When the oven is finished preheating, transfer the pizza to your pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Cook until the cheese has started to turn brown, approximately 10-12 minutes (or to your desired doneness).
- Remove the pizza from the oven. Sprinkle the fresh basil on top and some red pepper flakes if desired for an extra kick. Serve warm.
6 thoughts on “Chicken Alfredo Pizza”
I love chicken alfredo!! This sounds even better on a pizza!!
This looks absolutely delicious! I love that the chicken is breaded and the flavor of this recipe is heavenly. I wish I could smell it. Thank you for sharing! I can’t wait to try this.
I love making my own pizza (will have to check out our pizza dough recipe for sure!) but I’ve never made one with alfredo sauce before! I think I’ll be giving this a go next time it’s pizza night at my house!
This pizza looks divine! I love white sauce pizzas. Also your Parmesan Black Pepper Pizza Crust sounds so good! Never had such a flavor but will be trying asap!
Thank you, Jennifer! Flavored crusts just make pizza so much better!
The dough on your pizza looks lovely – so crisp and golden. And the alfredo topping is a nice twist.