In the summer I am ALWAYS looking for a reason to grill. And since I am grilling so much, I need some new ideas or flavors to use! That is where flavored salts like this Chipotle Lime Flavored Salt come in. It is a great way to spice up a simple piece of chicken, pork, steak, or even vegetables with exciting flavors.
This post contains affiliate links.
This salt is crazy easy to make, guys! Literally just put the ingredients in a food processor, pulse, and you are done! You can use it right away if you want, but the flavors do develop more if you are able to let it sit for a day or longer. It is best to use a small food processor to ensure the blade can reach the ingredients and get a good blend.
The primary base of this is still salt and not another seasoning, so use it sparingly like you would salt. I love to use this stuff for special events, parties, and gatherings. Especially in the summer with Father’s Day and the 4th of July when you are most likely grilling anyway. And it is great as a gift for anyone that loves for or grilling, like Dad, because sometimes it is just IMPOSSIBLE to figure out what to give them. Food is always a good idea, right? And this is something they can use and enjoy, whether they share or not. 🙂
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1 tsp chipotle chile powder
- 1 lime zested
- Place the salt, chipotle chile powder, and the zest of one lime in a food processor.
- Pulse just a few times until everything is incorporated.
- Pour the salt into a container for storing. The flavors will continue to build over time. Place a pinch of dry, uncooked rice in the container to help keep it from caking and absorbing moisture.
- If your salt is wet from the lime zest, spread it out on a baking sheet to dry before putting in a container.