Smoky and spicy are the holy combination in Mexican foods around here, and this Chipotle Lime Hummus is a perfect way to indulge in something healthy and light while enjoying the same flavors!
This post contains affiliate links.
I could seriously just eat a bowl of this stuff straight. It is seriously so good and has a great blend of spice and freshness. The Chipotle Lime Hummus is great served up with chips for dipping, or traditional dippers like pita bread and veggies. (Bell peppers = win!).
It only takes a few minutes to make this Chipotle Lime Hummus. Just throw all the ingredients in a food processor, blend, and you are good to go! If you do not have a food processor, you need one! I have two and I use them alllllll the time. They can do so many things: shredding, slicing, blending, etc. We buy brick cheese and it is shredded in seconds. I use the processor to make all my sauces and salsas, grind cookies for crusts, the list goes on and on. This affiliate link is for a food processor very similar to the one that I have. I could not live without mine!
We took this Chipotle Lime Hummus camping with some friends of ours and it was a perfect way to get a flavorful protein snack in while we were enjoying the campsite. And since it is a healthy vegan and vegetarian dip, it is easy to eat a LOT of it.
Looking for more hummus inspiration? Check out our other hummus recipes!
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained (approx 15.5 oz)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo
- 2 Tablespoons tahini paste
- 2 limes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor, combine the beans, chipotle, tahini, juice of 2 limes, garlic, olive oil, cilantro, and salt. Blend until you reach your desired consistency. Add a little water at a time to thin it out if needed.
- Season to taste with additional salt, lime, and chipotles. Best served chilled with your favorite dippers like pita bread, chips, celery, bell peppers, carrots, etc.