Halloween is right around the corner! I love this holiday because of how creative you can be with decorations, parties, and food. These Halloween Candy Dipped Spider Marshmallows are perfect for your Halloween gatherings!
This post contains affiliate links.
I first made Mummy Marshmallows and knew that I needed to make an entire collection because they turned out so cute! Soon after that, the Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallows followed and now I have this spider version!
The spiders almost did not happen. I tried several different ideas on how to get the legs to work and they were just not staying put in a way I needed them to. This method was my last attempt, and I am so glad it worked out because they are so cute! These spiders take the longest of all the Halloween marshmallows, but they are my favorite! And those colored sugar sprinkles just make them perfect!
To make these Halloween Candy Dipped Spider Marshmallows, you first cut marshmallows in half. Take little pretzel sticks, snap them in half, and dip just the end into some melted candy. Then push the candy tip into the marshmallow which will harden to keep the legs in place. Let them dry, and then put the spider on a fork and coat with melted candy. Tap the excess off and place the marshmallow on parchment paper. Immediately apply the candy eyes and sprinkles. Let the candy harden for a few minutes, and you will have spider marshmallows!
I am loving all of these candy dipped marshmallows! Subscribe to our newsletter or social media feeds to keep up to date as new ones are released, as I have some planned for other holidays! Find more of our holiday candy dipped marshmallows here!
- Cut the large marshmallows in half crosswise with scissors (not lengthwise) to give you two round marshmallow circles. Use your fingers to shape them back into a rounder shape. Set them aside.
- Snap the small pretzel sticks in half. 88 pretzels will give you enough for 22 spiders with 8 legs each. Have some spares available just in case.
- Melt one of the candy melts as per package directions in a small microwaveable bowl until completely melted, Only do one color at a time.
- Dip the halved pretzel legs into the melted candy just to dip the spiked end in. You are not trying to coat the leg yet. This melted candy will help it stick to the marshmallow when it dries. Push the candied end of the leg into the side of the marshmallow. Repeat with the remaining legs to give you four on each side of the spider. Try to leave at least one gap for the face (see pictures) where there are no legs.
- Place the marshmallows with legs on a piece of parchment paper to dry. If you do not wait for them to dry, they will fall out from the weight of the candy melts later. Repeat with the remaining marshmallows for that color (12 total for purple, 10 total for black).
- Place one of the dried marshmallows with pretzel legs onto the prongs of a fork. I find this is easiest if you have one set of legs hanging off each side of the fork and not up against the fork handle. Use a spoon to spoon the melted candy over the entire marshmallow and each leg. Tap the fork against the edge of the bowl to knock off the extra candy melt.
- Push the spider off the fork with the spoon onto the parchment paper. Immediately add two of the small candy eyes. Sprinkle the body area with the corresponding sugar sprinkles.
- Repeat with the remaining spiders for that color.
- Repeat this entire process with the other color.
- Let the spiders dry until the melted candy is hardened, approximately 5 minutes.