I am a lover of Mexican Street Corn anything so of course I wanted to put it on some avocado toast! This Mexican Street Corn Avocado Toast is incredibly fast, simple, and easy to make for a quick breakfast, lunch, or snack.
This post contains affiliate links.
Our Mexican Street Corn Salsa is one of the most popular recipes on our site to date. I absolutely love to make it, and it is so simple while still full of flavor. The salsa is based on elote, which is Mexican Street Corn, a street food you can find in Mexico. Elote is typically coated in mayonnaise and seasoned with cotija cheese, cilantro, lime, and chili powder. I used those flavors as the inspiration for a fresh and simple salsa, perfect for this avocado toast! And if you can get some fresh corn when you make this….holy YUM! It takes it to a whole new level of deliciousness.
I am a late joiner to the avocado toast bandwagon. I love avocados, but not a huge fan of toast and breakfast on most days, so it took a while for me to get excited about it. And now I am wishing I had hopped on earlier! This Mexican Street Corn Avocado Toast is just so good, loaded with a salsa I love, and now I have been inspired to try out some new ideas!
Have you joined the avocado toast train yet? What are your favorite toppings for avocado toast?
- Toast your bread to your preferred doneness.
- While the bread is toasting, make the Mexican Street Corn Salsa by combining the corn, jalapeno, juice from 1/2 a lime, chili powder, cotija cheese, and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and add additional chili powder, lime, and jalapeno to taste.
- When the toast is done, mash half of an avocado on each slice of bread. If using smaller bread slices (non-sandwich bread) such as the photos, this will be approximately 1/4 of an avocado per slice.
- Drizzle each avocado toast with a little extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle some salt and pepper on top.
- Spoon the Mexican Street Corn Salsa on top of the seasoned avocado.