This Peppermint Bark Cream Cheese Dip is a quick and simple dessert recipe perfect to celebrate the holidays! Cream cheese is mixed with sugar, chocolate chips, and peppermint for a festive treat.
This post contains affiliate links.
Peppermint and chocolate are a great flavor combination, especially during the holidays. People around here are obsessed with the flavor combination so it is almost like “Pumpkin Spice Everything: Part 2” throughout the winter. So naturally, I want to contribute to the obsession and find a bunch of new ways that everyone can enjoy the flavors. You can find more peppermint recipe inspiration here!
Once for fall I made a Cinnamon Apple Cream Cheese Dip and it gets very popular in the fall time! This Peppermint Bark Cream Cheese Dip is inspired by Christmas flavors and is just as simple and easy. Peppermint bark has peppermint (of course), candy canes, and typically both white and milk/dark chocolate. All of those flavors are incorporated into this incredibly easy sweet treat. Personally, I love mix-ins for some texture, so add as much or as little of the chocolate chips and crushed candy canes as you want!
To make the Peppermint Bark Cream Cheese Dip, you just mix a few ingredients together and chill until you are ready to serve, that’s it! And this dip is great served with all of those Christmas cookies or even chocolate, biscotti, and other treats from the holidays.
Find more holiday recipe inspiration here and dessert recipes here! And find more of our fast and easy cream cheese dip recipes here!
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar (confectioner's sugar)
- red food coloring
- 1 candy cane crushed
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature for easy mixing. For fast heating, remove the cream cheese from the package and cut into large chunks. Microwave in a medium bowl for 15 seconds.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, peppermint extract, and milk. If you want the dip thinner, continue adding milk 1/2 Tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency. Microwave again if needed as sometimes cold milk makes the cream cheese chunky again.
- If you want the dip to be pink, add a drop or two of red food coloring and stir to combine. A little goes a long way, and add more one drop at a time until you get the desired color.
- Stir in the milk and white chocolate chips and the crushed candy cane. Season to taste with additional peppermint and powdered sugar. Chill if desired but keep in mind this will make the dip thicker and stiffer.
- Garnish with sprinkles, additional crushed candy canes, and chocolate chips if desired. Serve with your favorite dunkers like cookies or chocolate.