This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeHolidayGoodness #CollectiveBiasThe holidays are coming! And that means your crazy busy, on-the-go life is going to get even busier! This is when I like to rely on recipes that are fast and easy without sacrificing flavor like this Pumpkin Spice Butterscotch Tart! Schedules are hectic enough between work, school, events, activities, and more, so having something delicious, fast, and easy to rely on is a life saver!
Part of making something convenient lies in the products that you use. Quality products will ensure that your tasty treat is the best it can be! NESTLÉ® products are perfect for holiday baking needs and all of the yummy desserts and treats that you will be making! There are so many products and varieties available, you are bound to find the perfect ingredient to make your baking special.
Finding NESTLÉ® products is also extremely easy, and all the busy moms out there need quick and easy during the holidays! You can find the products at your local Wal-Mart baking section, including many baking products in a special display case in the aisle. Does your local Wal-Mart offer grocery pickup? If so, you can go to this link for a $10 refer-a-friend promotion. Everything you need for these Pumpkin Spice Butterscotch Tart and more in one convenient place! You can find more Nestlé Flavorful Moments inspiration on this Pinterest board!
Libby’s® Pumpkin Bread is a tradition in our house and we make several batches every year. I love the authentic flavor of the bread kit! I also always grab a couple cans of NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk because I always seem to need one. It has a creamy, rich texture that has been a baking staple for more than 100 years!
To get the Pumpkin Spice Butterscotch Tart started, we use a fast and easy dough! One package of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Pumpkin Spice Refrigerated Cookie Dough is the perfect amount to cover the base of the tart pan. This cookie dough is amazing, full of amazing flavors that you can use in new recipes like this one! Spread the dough out into an even layer, approximately 1/8″ deep. The dough will be shallower than the white chocolate chips (yum!) that are in the dough, so it will not be perfectly flat. Just do your best to make sure that there are no holes and everything, including the edges, are covered.
Make the cream cheese mixture and pour it into the tart shell. Once you have the cream cheese mixture spread into the tart pan, dollop the Libby’s® Pure Pumpkin around the tart randomly. The Libby’s® Pure Pumpkin is all-natural with no preservatives. It even goes from seed to can right here in the USA! I love using it in desserts, soups, bread, and more, it is so delicious!
After you have the pumpkin in place, use a spatula to swirl the pumpkin into the cream cheese. Feel free to dig all the way to the cookie crust, we will fix that later! Once you have the marble effect that you like, grab the tart pan and bang it on the counter. This will cause the cream cheese to flatten out, leaving you with a smooth layer.
Next is time to sprinkle on the butterscotch chips! This is one of my favorite TOLL HOUSE® Morsels flavors. There are so many flavors and varieties that I love experimenting with new recipes! They are a great way to elevate your holiday baking and create exciting treats that friends and family will love. Use as much or as little as you would like, no need to press them in unless you want to.
Now you are all done! Just place the tart in the refrigerator and chill for at least 10 minutes. If you make it in advance, pull the tart out for 10 minutes before serving so it is not too hard. Cut the tart into 8-12 slices and serve. It is also fantastic with ice cream!
I hope your family loves this Pumpkin Spice Butterscotch Tart as much as we do and that you find it is a perfect treat to make when you live an on-the-go lifestyle.
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Spread the cookie dough across the bottom and sides of the tart pan. It should be thin, approximately 1/8", yet cover all areas. Bring the dough all the way up to the top on the edges as it will shrink down a little. Using a fork, poke holes along the dough. This will help keep it from expanding too much.
- Bake the tart shell for 10 minutes. The dough will have started rising by now, no longer looking like a tart shell. Using a fork or spatula, pat, the dough down so it is flat again.
- Return to the oven and bake another three minutes. Pat the dough down again, and return to the oven for another 3 minutes. Pat down a final time.
- At this point the dough should be cooked. It will not be as solid as a cookie, but should be cooked through and flat. Let the tart shell cool completely.
- Combine the cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar in a small bowl. Spread over the tart shell.
- Dollop the pumpkin mixture randomly across the cream cheese. Using a spatula, swirl the pumpkin into the cream cheese mixture until combined to your liking.
- Grabbing the sides of the tart pan, bang the tart onto the counter. This will even out the pumpkin and cream cheese mixture to make it flat and smooth again.
- Sprinkle the butterscotch chips on the tart and add more to taste. Chill the tart for at least ten minutes. If you are making the tart in advance, remove from the refrigerator 10 minutes before serving as the long chill time will make it rather hard.