This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FarFromOrdinaryMilk #CollectiveBias
I love thick, creamy soups in the fall. They just taste so comforting and filling in the colder weather. This Southwest Sweet Potato Soup is a perfect way to celebrate fall! I love to use milk like Promised Land Dairy Milk as the base for my soups because it is higher in protein and calcium than ordinary milk. Extraordinary flavor comes from extraordinary cows!
The story and quality of this milk comes from the cows. The Promise Land Milk comes from Jersey cows. The spotted Holstein cows produce 90% of the milk we drink in the United States. That means less than 10% comes from the unique Jersey cows, like Promised Land Dairy milk. And the Jersey cows are from a British Isle of Jersey, not New Jersey. There are no added hormones and is tested for antibiotics. It tastes richer, creamier, and helps make your dish anything but ordinary.
I’m always looking for ways to save time at the grocery store, so I love that I can find Promised Land Dairy Milk at my local Target. I mean, I am pretty much there every week, so it is extremely convenient! You can find it in the same place as ordinary milk.
I like my soups chunky, so I have included a bunch of “mix ins” in this Southwest Sweet Potato Soup. If you would prefer it was smooth and free of chunks, simply puree all of the sweet potato and either skip or blend the mix ins. If you blend the black beans, you might get an interesting color soup though. Fair warning.
Want to save some cash? Check out this Ibotta deal for $0.75 cash back on any purchase of Promised Land Dairy Milk 32oz. and larger.
I love making rich, hearty meals like this Southwest Sweet Potato Soup that are armed with extra nutrition. And with this soup taking less than 30 minutes, you can have a filling and delicious meal quickly. What are your favorite soups to cozy up with on a cold day?
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 quarts Promise Land Dairy Milk
- 2 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes peeled, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup black beans
- sour cream
- poblano or jalapeno
- fresh cilantro
- tortilla strips or chips
- In a large stock pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- When warm, add the diced onion. Saute until translucent, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add the milk to the stock pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add the sweet potatoes, cumin, chili powder, coriander, and paprika. Cook the sweet potatoes at a boil for approximately 10-12 minutes until fork tender.
- If you want to leave some sweet potato chunks in the soup, remove approximately 1/4 cup and set aside in a small bowl. Using an immersion blender or regular blender, puree the rest of the sweet potato in the milk base until smooth.
- Add any reserved sweet potato back into the pot. Mix in the black beans and corn.
- Season with salt to taste and additional spices as necessary. Serve immediately with variety of toppings.