Refreshing Strawberry Mojito is a wonderful and easy cocktail recipe! Great for guests, the summer, or even the weekend. Made with just a few ingredients of bright and refreshing flavors.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This drink is simple and refreshing, and a great way to enjoy strawberries!
I find mojitos to taste lighter than many other flavored cocktails since the mint and fruit lift them up.
They only take a moment to make and can easily be modified! See under the recipe card for more of our mojito recipes.
What is a strawberry mojito made of? Here is what you need:
- White Rum
- Fresh Mint
- Club Soda
- Simple Syrup
Mint – How much mint goes in a mojito? I recommend using at least 6 larger mint leaves. We tend to use more since we love a good, strong mint flavor – closer to 8-10 large leaves.
Put your strawberries, mint, lime juice, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker.
Muddle (mash them all up) to release the flavors.
Add the rum and a big scoop of ice. Shake until super cold.
Strain into a glass of ice and top with club soda.
Yes. Is mojito a rum or vodka? It is classically made with clear (white) rum.
Yes! Vodka is a great alternative since it has minimal to no flavor and is also clear/white with the same consistency.
Either way is fine. Having the mint left in the drink will just bring more flavor. Some people think if mint is left in too long it gets bitter, but I have not experiences this.
Follow the same instructions as this video shows but using strawberries instead!
Modifications and Substitutions
Club Soda – Can you substitute Sprite for club soda in mojito? Absolutely! They will both bring bubbles to the drink. A lemon lime soda will be sweeter overall.
Strawberries – Both fresh and frozen will work great! If using frozen, just let them sit out for a few minutes to be soft enough to mash.
Simple Syrup – Simple syrup is made by heating one part water and one part sugar in a pot on the stove over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Instead, you could also use 1 teaspoon of sugar per drink however it will not be as sweet.
- Put the strawberries, mint leaves, simple syrup, and lime juice in the bottom of a tall glass.¼ cup strawberries, 6 mint leaves, 1 ounce lime juice, ½ ounce simple syrup
- Use a muddle or the end of a spoon and crush the ingredients together, including bursting most of the berries.
- Add the rum to the cocktail shaker with a big scoop of ice and shake until very cold, about 30 seconds.2 ounces white rum
- Fill the glass with ice. Strain the shaker into the glass.
- Top off the glass with club soda. Garnish with more limes, mint, and strawberries as desired.club soda