This Vegetarian Zucchini Corn Frittata is full of fresh and bright flavors. Ready in just 20 minutes, this frittata is perfect as breakfast or brunch with a little flair!
This post contains affiliate links.
If I am going to make breakfast, I want it to be delicious. But I also do not want to wake up really early to make it, either. No sacrificing sleep here! So simple and fast but delicious is what I aim for. A frittata is very similar to an omelette, except the ingredients are mixed throughout the egg and it is flat. It is a great way to cook for a crowd without having to make individual omelettes or scrambles. Easily double or triple up on the recipe and cook in a baking dish or batches as needed.
I am in love with the flavors of zucchini and corn together. Have you ever had them before? There is something about the slightly sweet corn and the earthy and fresh zucchini that are just perfect.
To make the Vegetarian Zucchini Corn Frittata, cook grated zucchini and corn in a skillet until just tender. Whisk the eggs together with the Parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper. Add the eggs to the skillet and cook just until the edges begin to set. Put the skillet in the oven at 350F and bake until cooked all the way through. Frittatas are so incredibly easy and fast to make, they are great for a special breakfast or brunch! Plus this frittata is gluten free (GF) and vegetarian so you can feed a crowd.
These Vegetarian Zucchini Corn Frittata flavors scream summer to me, and as we get our annual zucchini bumper crop, this will be making a regular appearance in the recipe rotation!
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 6 ounces zucchini (approximately 1 medium zucchini)
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place a large (10 inch wide) nonstick skillet that is oven safe on the stovetop. Heat over medium heat.
- While heating, grate the zucchini using a coarse grate. You can also chop if you wish.
- Add the oil to the skillet. When the oil is hot, add the zucchini and corn. Cook until the zucchini is just tender, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, in a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, cheese, salt, and black pepper.
- When the zucchini is just tender, add the egg mixture to the skillet. Stir briefly. Let the egg mixture cook until the edges just begin to set, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and place the oven safe skillet in the oven. Bake until the eggs are completely cooked through and the frittata is dry to the touch on top, approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the frittata from the oven. Run a rubber spatula around the edge of the frittata to loosen it and either slide it out or flip it onto a plate. Serve immediately.