These White Chocolate Peppermint Blondies are a delicious, festive dessert recipe perfect for Christmas and winter. A white brownie is filled with white chocolate chips, peppermint extract, crushed candy canes, and topped with sprinkles.
This post contains affiliate links.
Winter and Christmas means peppermint flavored everything is out in full force! Most of the time, peppermint is paired with chocolate. These White Chocolate Peppermint Blondies pull back on the cocoa and let the peppermint shine. When I made these the first time, I also had a lot of other peppermint flavored treats around the house. But these blondies specifically were the favorite! Everyone kept going back for more! If you are a lover of peppermint, we have quite the collection for you! Find more peppermint recipes here!
This batch makes 12 very large blondies, but you can easily cut them smaller to make them go further. I love topping them with some melted white chocolate drizzle and sprinkles to make them look extra festive! The red food coloring is added just before putting them in the pan to get a great red swirl effect, which I love! They also make a great option for holiday cookie exchanges because they are different but still festive!
The trick to peppermint anything is peppermint extract. It provides a bold punch of flavor but does not have as much of an artificial taste as other extracts like almond, which makes it perfect for holiday baking. Get peppermint extract here!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar packed
- 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- red food coloring optional, for swirl effect
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips optional, for decorating
- sprinkles optional, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack in the middle position.
- Line a 9 by 13 inch baking dish with foil. Spray the foil with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the brown sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract together in a large bowl.
- Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture until combined. Add 1 cup of the white chocolate chips and stir to incorporate.
- If using the red food coloring for the swirl effect, add 6 drops of red food coloring across the top of the dough in different areas. Gently fold the dough a couple times.
- Scoop the dough out of the bowl and into the prepared baking dish. Press into the bottom of the dish to reach all corners. Try to press down and not mash the dough back and forth too much to keep most of the red swirl.
- Bake until cooked through, when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs, approximately 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before decorating, if desired (if the bars are too warm, the white chocolate will melt completely and run off).
- Melt the remaining 1/4 white chocolate chips on medium heat in the microwave inside a resealable plastic bag for 30 seconds at a time, kneading the bag between each heating, until melted.
- Cut off a very small corner of the bag and using it as a piping bag, drizzle over the bars. Immediately apply sprinkles if using before the chocolate sets.
- Cut the bars into your desired size. They can be stored in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.