This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and ConAgra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #MangiaTonight #CollectiveBiasVersatile side dishes are some of my favorite recipes to have in my back pocket for any day of the week. This Zucchini and Tomato Medley with White Wine Butter Sauce is one of my favorites! It is full of fresh and bright flavors, easily to customize with what I have on hand, and most importantly FAST and SIMPLE!
I am a lover of Italian food, it makes me so happy. And I love having fast and simple options that can satisfy my pasta and Italian craving. The Bertolli® meals are perfect for bringing excitement to an every day meal. Their motto is “Don’t just eat, Mangia” (where mangia means “eat” in Italian) for a delicious meal that is more than just dinner.
You can easily find the Bertolli meals in your freezer section of your local Kroger (King Soopers here). Pair that up with a quick stop in the produce section and you will have the perfect meal! During the month of February, Bertolli meals for two will be the lowest price that they will be all year at Kroger stores. A perfect reason to stock up!
The Zucchini and Tomato Medley is so simple and fast to make, which I love. It only takes a few minutes for a tasty, fresh, and delicious side dish!
After everything is chopped, melt some butter in a skillet. Sautee the onions and garlic, cook down the wine, and then throw the rest of the vegetables in.
Minutes later, you will have bursting tomatoes and zucchini that are full of flavor! You can use your favorite vegetables or what you happen to have on hand. Bell pepper and asparagus would work great! But my favorite combination to date is zucchini and tomato. The flavors remind me of summer and being in Italy.
I paired this Zucchini and Tomato Medley with the Bertolli Chicken Alfredo and Penne but it would go great with any of their options! You can find a lot of other great recipe ideas to compliment the meals here! Need one more thing to love? This side is ready in the time that it takes to cook the pasta dish!
Bertolli® is a registered trademark of R&B Foods, Inc., used under license.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the butter to the skillet. When melted, add the onion and garlic. Cook until translucent, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine if using and reduce by half, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, tomatoes, corn, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Cook until the tomatoes are just starting to burst, approximately 8-10 minutes. Keep an eye on the heat, you may need to turn it down to medium but I found that medium high was perfect for my stove.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss with the fresh basil or green onion. Serve warm.