This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AuthenticSalsaStyle#CollectiveBiasTacos are a magical, magical thing. Seriously one of my favorite things to make and eat! These Beef Taco Stuffed Peppers use the traditional flavors of a beef taco in a healthy pepper shell. Perfect for grilling and entertaining, especially for the big game!
When I think about Mexican food, I always think about salsa! I absolutely love the HERDEZÂ® Salsa Casera! It is fresh and delicious with lots of chunks which makes it perfect for this Beef Taco Stuffed Peppers recipe! It is so easy to find at your local Wal-Mart as well. Just look for the Hispanic Foods section and it will be front and center!
The HERDEZÂ® Salsa Casera is perfect here because it is full of authentic flavors that go perfectly with my recipes like these Beef Taco Stuffed Peppers! Using the salsa as the base of the sauce brings so much flavor and brightness to the peppers. This recipe is so incredibly simple, too! Just mix in the HERDEZÂ® Salsa Casera, spices, beans, and corn into the ground beef. The filling is good enough to eat on its own!
Then whenever you are ready, just throw them on the grill for about 10 minutes until the pepper is soft (but not too soft!) and the cheese is melted. So fast and easy!My favorite go-to meat for any Mexican dish is beef. Get recipe inspiration and beef nutrition information at âBeef. Itâs Whatâs For Dinner”
Gathering for the big game is something that our family loves to do. Football season is full of excitement and a lot of team pride! The Beef Taco Stuffed Peppers are a great way to spend time with your friends and family while doing something you all love.
What I love about these peppers is they are easy to make in advance! Whenever I am having people over or heading out to an event, I aim for recipes that can be made beforehand. Prepping as much as you can in advance gives you more time to get ready and everything feels less chaotic! And that means more time with family, friends, and loved ones.
Are you excited for football season? What is your favorite grilling recipe for the big game?
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat until cooked through. Drain fat.
- Add the HERDEZÂ® Salsa Casera and chili powder to the beef. Stir to combine.
- Add the corn and black beans to the beef. Season with salt to preferred taste. Add more chili powder until you get the heat level that you want. Mix everything together. Remove the skillet from the heat. Set aside.
- Slice the bell peppers in half lengthwise. Remove all seeds and white ribs. Place the peppers, cut side up, on a large plate or dish to transfer to the grill.
- Mix in 1/4 cup of cheddar to the beef mixture.
- Stuff each pepper with the beef mixture until full. Sprinkle the peppers with additional cheddar cheese on top if desired.
- Transfer the peppers to the grill, skin side down. Cook over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes. The peppers should be beginning to soften near the top edges. Do not cook them too long as they will start to lose their shape and fall apart.
- Each grill has its own personality, so keep an eye out! Turn the heat up or down as needed to avoid hot spots that would burn the peppers.
- When finished cooking, remove the peppers from the grill with tongs or a spatula. Be careful as they will be softer and will flex.
- Serve with additional HERDEZÂ® Salsa Casera, shredded lettuce, cheese, and other toppings as desired.