A perfect fast and easy breakfast, Blueberry Overnight Oats are full of fiber and a great way to kick off the day!
This post contains affiliate links.
Healthy Overnight Oats
You are going to love how easy and delicious these Blueberry Overnight Oats are!
Whether you eat it hot or cold, all it takes is a few minutes of meal prep to have a hearty and healthy breakfast ready for you every morning.
Why Overnight Oats are Good for You?
A primary reason why they are seen as healthy are that overnight oats have lots of fiber.
This fiber is not only good for you but keeps you full longer.
Ingredients in Blueberry Overnight Oats
Here is what you need to make this recipe:
- Milk (or any plant milk)
- Plain Yogurt (can be Greek) (or any complimentary flavor like honey, blueberry, etc)
- Chia Seeds
- Honey (or maple syrup, or agave)
- Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Frozen berries will work just fine here! But they will give off more moisture and make it a little thinner, plus the moisture will have more of the purple blueberry hue.
How to Make Blueberry Overnight Oats
It is incredibly fast and easy to make overnight oats! And it is a great meal prep recipe for breakfast or as a snack.
Simply add all of the ingredients into a mason jar or another sealable container. Mix to combine and let it sit overnight.
That is it! You can add more fruit on top if desired, and you can eat it either warm or hot.
The blueberries will hold up well to being mixed in, or you can wait and put them on top at the end.
The oats are best within two days but can be eaten up to 6 days.
Can you Leave Fruit in Overnight Oats?
Certain fruits might not fair as well, but blueberries are great to incorporate into the oats.
I also like to add extra on top after stirring in the morning.
Do Overnight Oats have to be in a Glass Jar?
No, you can use any container that you can cover and put in the refrigerator.
Bowls, containers, and even drinking glasses work as long as you put a lid or covering on top to keep the moisture in.
- 16 Ounce Mason Jar or other sealable container
- Place all of the ingredients in a jar or sealable container. Mix well to combine.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight.
- Eat straight out of the jar, or heat in the microwave for 45 seconds. Best eaten within 24 hours of making, but lasts up to 5 days.If desired, top with additional blueberries when ready to eat.
- Old fashioned or steel cut oats are best as they have great texture. Quick oats will have a softer texture.
- You can use a flavored plain or Greek yogurt for additional flavor. Anything that pairs well with blueberries will work such as honey, strawberry, and raspberry.