I am in love. These Bourbon Blue Cheese Steak Sliders are a little piece of heaven.
One of my favorite sauces to make is my Bourbon Blue Cheese Sauce, which is great on just about everything.
And this meat is just amazing by itself. I have been using it with so many other recipes as well. Throw it in a soup, pasta dish, sandwich, etc. Any leftovers will not go to waste!
I really love slow cooker recipes. They can be easily put together in the morning and make for a fast and easy meal, making these Bourbon Blue Cheese Steak Sliders perfect for gatherings and busy days.
I am particular about any kitchen gadgets or tools as not all of them are worth it, but (affiliate) these slow cooker liners are the most amazing things ever! Just line your crock pot with one before you throw everything in, and then toss it out when you are done for an easy clean up! No caked on gunk! I am not sure how I ever lived without these!
There are a lot of great topping options for these Bourbon Blue Cheese Steak Sliders. I love to have pickles, pepperoncini, blue cheese crumbles, and bacon on hand so each person can customize their own. And these also make a great slider bar for parties or events, like football Sunday. Put everything out in bowls, keep the crock pot on warm, and you are set! I also love to save some of the juice from the slow cooker as an au jus dipper.
Follow these affiliate links to get what you need to make these Bourbon Blue Cheese Steak Sliders!
- 2 lb chuck roast
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup bourbon
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 batch bourbon blue cheese sauce (see link to recipe in notes)
- pickles, pepperoncini, blue cheese crumbles, bacon for toppings
- 10 slider buns (see note)
- Put the beef, onion, bourbon, garlic, Worcestershire, soy sauce, beef broth, brown sugar, salt, and pepper in a crock pot.
- Add water until the meat is fully submerged. Cook on low for at least 6 hours.
- When ready, remove the beef and place in a large bowl. Place the onions in a small bowl (to use as a topping later).
- Reserve some of the juice the beef cooked in for dipping.
- Shred the beef and remove fat pieces as desired. You will have approximately 3 1/2 cups of meat when done.
- Toast buns if desired. Place approximately 1/3 cup of meat on each bun (see note, this will vary with the exact size of bun you use).
- Pour approximately 1-2 Tablespoons of the blue cheese sauce over the meat on each slider.
- Add a few slices of the onion from the crock pot on top of the blue cheese sauce.
- Top each slider with your desired toppings. I love pickles, but pepperoncinis, additional blue cheese crumbles, and bacon are all great options. Serve warm.
9 thoughts on “Bourbon Blue Cheese Steak Sliders”
Love the bourbon and the Worcestershire sauce mix, bet it adds lots of yummy flavour
Now that’s a sauce I would want at the ready all the time in my house! These sliders look SO DELICIOUS!
Um WHAT?! These look incredible. The great thing about sliders is that they’re just a little smaller than burgers… so it’s perfectly acceptable to indulge a little bit hehe. Anyway, the sauce looks so yummy here! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Haha.. my hubs wanted to make sure I liked blue cheese before we ‘officially’ started dating. It was important. Lololol. He would love these!!
We joke about the same thing 😀 I always say I don’t know what I would do if my hubby did not like blue cheese (and some other things like olives). Too funny!
Sounds delicious. Pinning this one to my group Sliders board. Have a great week.
Oh my word it was so hard picking one recipe too look at so I will definatly be back to read the rest when I have some time. These look amazong!!!
They disappeared so fast!!! 😀
Yummy! These would be so fun to serve at a party and they seem simple enough to make! Thanks for sharing! Luci’s Morsels | fashion. food. frivolity.