Caramelized Onion and Brie Crostini are a slightly sweet and salty appetizer. Perfect for entertaining and parties!
This post contains affiliate links.
The combination of flavors in these Caramelized Onion and Brie Crostini work so well together. The salty and creamy brie cheese with a slightly sweet caramelized onion make a great pair.
Learn how to make the base crostini here! I am a big fan of crostini. There are so many toppings you can put on crostini. It is such a versatile appetizer and party food. Find all of our crostini recipes here!
You can easily make the crostini rounds in advance and store them in a container or resealable bag. Then it takes just a few minutes to top them with the brie and caramelized onion, and warm them up in the oven. A perfect quick and easy party finger food!
- Cook your crostini rounds as per recipe instructions through the link below if not done already. This can be done up to two days in advance and the crostini kept in an airtight bag or container.
- While the bread is toasting, cook your caramelized onions if not done already. These can also be made in advance and kept in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place the crostini on a silicone baking mat on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Cut the brie into strips 1/8 inch wide. You can leave the rind on the brie (it is edible). Cut the brie strips down to just shorter than each piece of bread and place on top of the crostini.
- Top each crostini with approximately 1/2 Tablespoon of the caramelized onions. Sprinkle with dried thyme or rosemary (if not in the onions already).
- Place the crostini in the oven and cook just until the brie is starting to melt, approximately 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with a sea salt or kosher salt if desired. Serve immediately.