Make your own Chai Spice at home to use in your drinks, lattes, and baking recipes! A simple blend of flavors.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
No need to buy another spice blend when you can make Chai Spice at home!
This blend of warm seasonings is perfect for your coffee and chai latte drinks, or to use in baked goods like our Chai Sugar Cookies.
Make the spice blend a spicy chai if you want, or adjust the flavors to make it exactly what you want.
Here is what you need to make this homemade spice blend:
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Cardamom
- Ground Ginger
- Ground Cloves
- Black Pepper
- Small Bowl
- Measuring Spoons
- Storage Container (such as an empty spice jar or other small jar)
Spice blends are one of the simplest recipes ever! All you need to do is mix them together!
Modifications and Substitutions
Adjust more of any spice as desired to get the flavor profile you prefer!
Use more black pepper to make it spicier. A teaspoon is a good spicy level to start with.
Make the full batch, or even more, and keep it on hand in an empty spice container or jar. That way you always have some ready to go!
This tastes amazing in my Chai Cookies!
What is chai powder made of? The main ingredients are cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and cloves. Some mixes include nutmeg, black peppers, and/or allspice. These additional flavors are less common.
It is a spice-forward flavor and described as similar to gingerbread and pumpkin spice.
You definitely taste the cinnamon, because it is the base, but there are more flavors than just cinnamon. You will taste a range of warm spices with hints of heat and sweetness.
- Spice Jar for storing (such as empty spice jar or other small jar)
- 3 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1 Tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (or more if you want it spicier)
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.3 Tablespoons ground cinnamon, 1 Tablespoon ground cardamom, 1 Tablespoon ground ginger, 1 teaspoon ground cloves, ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Adjust to taste if desired. Store in an empty spice jar or small jar.