These Chewbacca Rice Krispie Treats are a cute Star Wars dessert recipe!
Star Wars anything is popular around here, so any Star Wars recipe is always well received.
These Chewbacca Rice Krispie Treats are just adorable are sure to bring a smile to everyone’s face!
Soft versus Crunchy Treats
I am a big fan of the treats being softer, which is why I use a larger amount of marshmallow.
If you want to make them crunchier, more like the recipe that comes on the box, then reduce the amount of marshmallows from 7.5 cups down to 6 cups, and reduce the butter down from 5 Tablespoons to 4.
Cocoa rice cereal is perfect for these treats because they taste great and are already brown!
Any other similar chocolate based cereal could work as a substitute.
Rectangles or People Shapes
Both rectangles and people shaped treats look great! And I really do not find one to be faster than the other.
The people shaped treats are made using a gingerbread man cookie cutter.
You do end up with some scraps if you make them people shaped, but those pieces are fun to snack on!
I also was able to press some of the scraps together to get another couple treats out of the batch.
The easiest way to make the sash is to melt chocolate chips in a disposable bag. Cut off the tip and use it like a piping bag.
Then use white jimmie sprinkles, or any other white sprinkle you have, to make two rows on the sash.
I found I could pipe out three at a time before the chocolate would set too much for the sprinkles to stick.
And for best results, you want the two sprinkles that are side by side to be of similar length so that they look uniform all the way down.
Having a hard time putting them in place? Try using tweezers, or something like a toothpick to help adjust their placement.
I did try to use some candy eyes, and let’s just say it did not go well. It made Chewbacca look like he was part zombie. So I would recommend skipping those.
Star Wars Recipes
Storm Trooper Star Wars Cupcakes
Whether you’re planning on catching up on all of the Star Wars movies or planning for an upcoming Star Wars themed birthday party, these Storm Trooper Star Wars Cupcakes are going to be a hit.
Tasty Wookie Cookies for the Holidays » Homemade Heather
These Wookie Cookies make the perfect Star Wars inspired gingerbread men for your holiday baking!
Star Wars Treat: Wampa Bars
SO cute and a fun treat for your Star Wars themed party or event, these Wampa bars will be a hit!
Galaxy Popcorn: Perfect For Star Wars Movie Night
How to Make Baby Yoda Cookies with Step-by-Step Instructions
These adorable Baby Yoda Cookies are fun to make with an angel cookie cutter
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 7 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 9 cups cocoa rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- white long sprinkles Jimmie sprinkles (see note)
- Heat a large and deep skillet or medium to large pot over low heat.
- Add the butter and heat until melted.
- Add the marshmallows and stir occasionally until the marshmallows are melted, approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Add the rice cereal and stir to incorporate.
- Pour the rice mixture onto a large baking sheet that is lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper, and sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Use your hands to press the mixture across the baking sheet in an even layer, all the way to the edges and corners.
- Let sit until the marshmallow stiffens.
- Cut the treats either into rectangles (6 across and 3 pieces tall) or with a gingerbread man cookie cutter.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a resealable bag in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Cut a tip off the corner of the bag. Squeeze the bag and make the sashes on the treats (top right shoulder to bottom left).
- Gently take the white long sprinkles and place them in two rows down each edge of the sash.
- Repeat with remaining treats. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.