This easy and delicious Curry Chicken Salad is a great way to used up leftover chicken and rotisserie chicken! Mixed in a creamy, spiced sauce with celery and grapes.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This chicken salad is an enhanced take on a classic with subtle spices of curry and lots of textures.
Eat it on a sandwich with some Rustic No Knead Bread, on a salad, or on its own!
Use any plain or leftover chicken for this recipe. Rotisserie is perfect!
This recipe is also a great way to use up leftover turkey from your Thanksgiving or holiday!
These are the ingredients you need for this recipe:
- Green Grapes
- Curry Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Lemon Juice
- Dijon Mustard
- Green Onions
- Fresh Parsley
- Black Pepper
This is the equipment you need to make the recipe:
First have your chicken cooked, chilled, and ready to go.
Make the sauce by combining the mayo, curry, lemon juice, garlic powder, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
Add your chopped celery, grapes, chicken, parsley, and green onions.
Mix to combine and season with salt and black pepper. Also use more spices as desired.
Modifications and Substitutions
Make it lighter by using plain Greek yogurt in place of mayonnaise.
Easily leave out the almonds if desired.
Make it spicy by adding more curry powder or use a hot curry powder. Heat can also be added with hot sauce or ground red pepper.
Letting the salad chill after mixing is best for it to develop flavors!
Cut the chicken, grapes, celery, and almonds to your desired size based on your preference.
Chicken salad can be layered with bread to make a sandwich (add things like lettuce and tomato as desired!), added to a green salad, or eaten just as it is!
You have many options! Green salads, chips, fries, fruit, and roasted vegetables are just a few!
In addition to above, you can also serve it with pickles, raw vegetables, or macaroni salad.
Chicken salad is a great healthier option! It is full of lean protein and vegetables with vitamins and minerals. See the modifications and substitutions section for ideas of how to make it even lighter and healthier!
You can if you want to! Simply add a hard boiled egg or two, chopped up, with the rest of the ingredients.
Curry Chicken Salad
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken or other leftover, cooled chicken
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup celery chopped (1-2 ribs)
- ½ cup green grapes halved or quartered
- ¼ cup almonds chopped
- 3 green onions sliced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley chopped, optional
- Make sure your chicken is cooked and cooled.2 cups rotisserie chicken
- Make the sauce by combining the mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, curry powder, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder in a large bowl.½ cup mayonnaise, 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon curry powder, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Chop the celery and grapes, and add to the large bowl.½ cup celery, ½ cup green grapes
- Add the chopped chicken, almonds, green onions, and fresh parsley. Mix to combine.¼ cup almonds, 3 green onions, 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, 2 cups rotisserie chicken
- Season to taste with salt, black pepper, or more curry powder. Want it spicy? Add some hot sauce or ground red pepper.
- Ideally chill at least 30 minutes for flavors to combine and ingredients to be cold.