These easy homemade Frozen Blueberry Banana Dog Treats are a delicious and healthy way to spoil your puppy in the summer! Made with just a few simple ingredients and lots of flavor.
Frozen Dog Treats
I love making simple and easy DIY homemade dog treats for my puppy! And these frozen dog treats for summer are a great warm weather snack!
And with simple and fresh ingredients, humans can eat these as well! My nephew loves to find them in the freezer every time he comes over.
While these treats can be considered healthy, please note I am not a vet or any other trained professional. Please contact your vet for more information about what is safe and appropriate for your pet. Find more of our dog treat recipes here!
Are Frozen Treats Safe for Dogs?
There is nothing wrong with frozen treats for dogs, although some may not like that the treats are cold!
Always check with your vet if you have any concerns.
What is in Frozen Blueberry Dog Treats?
You only need a few ingredients to make this homemade dog treat recipe!
- Blueberries (fresh or frozen is fine)
- Plain Yogurt
- Silicone Mold of Choice (see below about the bone and paw ones!)
Dog Treat Silicone Molds
I absolutely love using this bone and paw silicone mold combo for the frozen dog treats! They are just so cute!
You can also use any other mold shape or ice cube tray.
How Do You Make Frozen Blueberry Dog Treats?
This recipe is incredibly easy!
First bend all the ingredients together for about 30 seconds.
Then put the molds on a small baking sheet or something else firm like a cutting board for easy transport.
Fill the molds all the way up (or smaller if you do want smaller treats – the mixture does not really expand). Freeze until firm, at least 30 minutes.
You can put the mixture in the molds with a spoon, but I just pour it in and then scrape across the top into a few empty holes. I find this much faster!
Pop them out and store in the freezer in a bag or sealed container for up to 2 months.
How Long do Frozen Dog Treats Last in the Freezer?
You can keep these treats in the freezer for two months, if they last that long!
My family is full of dogs, many of whom love frozen treats, and these ones have been a huge hit!
They seemed to really enjoy the fresh flavors in frozen form and acted more excited than normal about eating them! I hope your dogs love them just as much!
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- ½ banana
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (or regular yogurt, plain)
- 1 Tablespoons honey optional
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Prepare your silicone mold by laying it on a small baking sheet or something else that is stiff for easy transfer to the freezer.
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until combined, approximately 30 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into the molds.
- Transfer the treats to the freezer (approximately 30 minutes) until set.
- Pop the dog treats out of the mold and store in the freezer in a container or bag.