Ginger Curry Deviled Eggs are a fun twist on a classic appetizer recipe! Ground ginger and curry are mixed with some herbs for a creamy, flavorful bite.
This post contains affiliate links.
Deviled eggs tend to make an appearance at any party, holiday, or game day. They are gluten free, keto, low carb, vegetarian, which makes them a great option to feed a crowd with different dietary restrictions. And while the classic is great, I am a big fan of mixing new flavor ideas together. Find more deviled egg recipes here! These Ginger Curry Deviled Eggs are inspired by recipes I have been making lately where ginger and curry have been very popular. Find more curry ginger recipes here!
Use any hard boiled egg recipe that you like. When I want the eggs to look perfect, I tend to buy the pre-hard boiled eggs that come in packages at the store because they do not have any divots or issues with the egg white not being smooth. Plus they are so easy: no boiling and no shell removal. But they are more pricey than just buying fresh eggs. Regardless, these Ginger Curry Deviled Eggs can be made in advance and chilled, covered, until ready to serve.
I like to add some finely chopped cilantro into the egg mixture itself. This provides a little brightness and freshness, plus cilantro goes very well with curry! You could also use parsley, or just skip the herbs altogether if desired. And then garnishing the eggs with tiny cilantro leafs gives them a little extra flavor, visual appeal, and some flare.
Make more thank you think, because this deviled egg recipe tends to disappear! If you have leftovers, just mash them up with a fork and you have a curry ginger egg salad sandwich to enjoy the next day!
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 dashes hot sauce (more or less to taste, optional)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro finely chopped (plus more for garnishing)
- salt to taste as needed
- paprika for finishing, optional
- Cook and peel your eggs if they are not already. Cut the hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop the cooked yolks out and put in a small bowl. Set the whites aside.
- Add the mayonnaise, curry, ginger, hot sauce, and chopped cilantro to the yolk bowl. Mash the yolks to your desired consistency and mix all of the ingredients together. Add additional curry, ginger, hot sauce, and salt to taste. You can refrigerate the mixture and egg whites separately until ready to serve.
- Scoop the mixture into each egg yolk half. Garnish with cilantro, paprika, and curry if desired. Chill covered until ready to serve.