Italian Baked Pork Chops are perfect for an easy, fast dinner! Ready in less than 30 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links.
Not only are these Italian Baked Pork Chops easy but they are very versatile! Whether served with roasted potatoes, rice, or even Italian pasta, the pork chops are a great dinner staple.
One thing about baking pork chops is it is difficult to get a golden color on them since it has a quick cook time. By using butter and also pre-heating the pan, you will get a little browning on the pork chops. But if you want a true brown, it is best to first sear the pork in a skillet before baking to finish cooking.
You can use any thickness of pork chops, and either boneless or bone in. I prefer bone in when possible because the bones add extra flavor.
My default is to use oil based sauces and marinades for meat, but using butter for these Italian pork chops gave them a silky, luxurious flavor. Oil could also work but will not bring as much flavor to the pork.
- Basting brush
- Baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 425F. Preheat with a baking sheet in the oven so it gets hot.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl in the microwave. Add the Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place the pork chops on a plate and dry each side with a paper towel.
- Baste one side of the pork chop with some of the butter.
- When the oven is hot, add the pork chops directly on the preheated baking sheet, butter side down. Finish basting the pork chops on the top side with the remaining butter.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes for 1/2 inch pork chops (or 20 minutes for 1 inch pork chops) until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145.
- Remove from oven and let rest 3-5 minutes before serving.