I am a little obsessed with Mexican Street Corn anythingÂ lately, so naturally I would want to combine it with another one of my favorite things: hummus! Â This Mexican Street Corn Hummus is full of fresh and bright flavors! Â Whip it up in literally just a few minutes and you will have a tasty and healthy appetizer or snack. Â I especially love making this with fresh corn and serving it up in the summer!
This post contains affiliate links.
I could seriously just eat a bowl of this stuff straight. Â It is seriously so good and captures the same flavors of a classic Elote, or Mexican Street Corn itself. Â TheÂ Mexican Street Corn Hummus is great served up with chips for dipping, or traditional dippers like pita bread and veggies. Â (Bell peppers = win!).
And if you can get ahold of fresh corn when you make this….holy YUM! Â It takes it to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Roasted garlic is pretty much one of the greatest things ever. Â No joke. Â You can learn how to make your own here! Â I love to have a couple headsÂ of it ready in my refrigerator at all times because it makes everything sooooo gooooood. Â Besides being part of a recipe like our Sun-Dried Tomato and Walnut Linguine with Parmesan Cream Sauce, it is great on toast and sandwiches! Â You can also make this with raw garlic, but the flavor will change slightly and have a little more kick to it.
It only takes a few minutes to make this Mexican Street Corn Hummus. Â Just throw all the ingredients in a food processor, blend, and you are good to go! Â If you do not have a food processor, you need one! Â I have two and I use them alllllll the time. Â They can do so many things: shredding, slicing, blending, etc. Â We buy brick cheese and it is shredded in seconds. Â I use the processorÂ to make all my sauces and salsas, grind cookies for crusts, the list goes on and on. Â This affiliate link is for a food processor very similar to the one that I have. Â I could not live without mine!
What are you waiting for? Go make some!!!
Looking for more hummus inspiration? Â Check out our other hummus recipes!
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 2 Tablespoons cotija cheese
- 1/2 lime
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped, optional
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 pinch salt
- In a food processor, combine the beans, 1/2 cup corn kernels (set aside the rest), lime juice, garlic, olive oil, chili powder, and salt. Blend until you reach your desired consistency. Add a little water at a time to thin it out if needed.
- Season to taste with additional salt, lime, and chili powder.
- Mix in the 1/4 reserved corn kernels, 2 Tbsp cotija cheese, and 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro. This will give you some chunks of these ingredients throughout the hummus.
- Make the salsa by combining all of the salsa ingredients in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt, lime, and chili powder.
- Spoon the salsa mixture on top of the hummus. Chill until ready to serve.