This Remoulade Sauce is a fast and easy condiment that pairs perfectly with seafood!
Classic Remoulade Sauce
This recipe is a white remoulade and a more classic version of the condiment.
If you are looking for a pink (Cajun) version from New Orleans, check out our Cajun Remoulade instead! (coming soon!)
It only takes a few minutes in a blender to make this sauce, and it can be kept in the refrigerator for three days.
You will love the bright and tangy flavors of this sauce!
What is remoulade sauce made of? – Ingredients Needed
Here is what you need to make this condiment:
- Egg Yolks
- Lemon Juice
- Dijon Mustard
You may find that other remoulade versions out there incorporate things like paprika, hot sauce, and even horseradish.
Those flavors are more of a Cajun Remoulade with a little bit of kick!
This sauce is more of a classic, simple flavor profile that will be more versatile with many types of seafood.
And you can make it as tangy as you like by using more lemon juice or capers.
Instruction Overview – How to make remoulade sauce
First get your egg yolks, water, garlic, salt, lemon, and mustard in a blender and blend to combine.
Then with the blender running, slowly add your oil.
Toss the capers, parsley, and relish in and just pulse to combine. Or you can run the blender longer if you do not want the chunks and texture of those elements.
How to Use Remoulade Sauce
This sauce is a classic for seafood! The flavors of lemon and capers are just perfect.
Especially with crab cakes! It also goes great with shrimp and fish, like our Air Fryer Salmon.
If you are looking for a creamy, bright, and flavorful sauce, this is it!
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 ½ Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¾ cup vegetable oil or canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon capers
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon relish
- Put the egg yolks, water, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and garlic in a blender. Blend on medium until combined, about 15 seconds.
- With the blender running, slowly feed the oil through the tube in the lid and let blend until the oil is well incorporated, about 2 minutes.
- Turn the blender off and add the capers, parsley, and relish. Pulse (low speed blend) to incorporate and roughly chop.
- Season to taste as desired with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to serve. Keeps up to 3 days.