Spiced Christmas Fruitcake Fudge is a fun way to incorporate a classic dish for the holidays! White chocolate fudge is mixed with fruitcake mix, nuts, and spices for a simple and easy Christmas dessert.
This post contains affiliate links.
Fruitcake is a rather polarizing food. It seems that either you love it or can’t stand it! This Spiced Christmas Fruitcake Fudge uses the same flavors and ideas of a fruitcake in a simple white chocolate fudge. If you are not a fan of the traditional fruitcake, you might like this! The white chocolate lends sweetness, and without the cake and some of the extra flavors and moisture, this fudge is a great middle ground. Plus, it is SO pretty! Just look at all of those colors 🙂 I use this fruitcake mix which has great reviews.
A lot of fudge, especially white chocolate fudge, tends to have marshmallow fluff. This one does NOT which makes it vegetarian, but a little more dense than normal.
I love making fudge for the holidays and cookie swaps because (1) they are SO fast and (2) they are no-bake! Some fudge requires heating sugars on the stove and trying to reach specific temperatures, but I find microwave fudge is just as delicious and MUCH simpler. Just heat ingredients for a short time in the microwave and you are ready. Microwave fudge is so incredibly simple and easy! Get more of our fudge recipes here!
It only takes a few minutes to make the fudge before you let it set to harden! Many fudges require cooking sugars over a stove to certain temperatures, and while the end product is amazing, I love a quick and simple fudge like this one! All made in the microwave. Unfortunately white chocolate is notorious for being difficult to melt (so frustrating!). A little trick I learned is that if chocolates in general seize, you can add a little oil and keep stirring, and it almost always goes back to a melted state. So weird, I know, but it works.
Spiced Christmas Fruitcake Fudge
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 24 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3/4 cup fruitcake mix
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- white sugar sprinkles optional, for decorating
- Line a 9 x 9 baking dish with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Put the sweetened condensed milk and white chocolate in a medium microwave safe bowl.
- Heat in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each heating, until the chocolate is melted.
- Immediately add the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the lined baking dish.
- Finish by sprinkling with sparkling sugar sprinkles, more cinnamon, walnuts, and/or more orange zest if desired.
- Let the fudge harden before cutting.