These Tomato Garlic Italian Green Beans are a great side dish! Packed full of flavor, this green bean recipe is wonderful with Italian, Greek, and American meals.
This post contains affiliate links.
I am not a fan of boring food. So I want my food to have delicious flavor and be “worthy” of eating!
These Tomato Garlic Italian Green Beans are a great versatile side dish.
The tomatoes and garlic bring a lot of flavor to the fresh and bright green beans, but also do not overpower other flavors on your plate.
I am not a fan of canned green beans because they lose a lot of texture and flavor, but if that is what you have, they will work as well!
Since these green beans are quick and easy to make, they are a perfect side dish to whip up when you are working on other parts of the meal.
This vegan, healthy recipe is a great way to shake up dinner time!
It is easy to go with the same favorites, which I totally get and do. Once in a while I love to make new things and once you are familiar with them, they are no longer an effort!
While this recipe is titled as being Italian, and they are, the green beans are very versatile!
Tomato, garlic, and fresh basil are not only light and fresh flavors, but go well with so many main dish options. Try them with my Italian Baked Pork Chops, One Pot Skillet Chicken Marsala, or any pasta or risotto!
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and heat until the oil is hot.
- Add the onion to the oil and cook until translucent, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the onion, stir, and cook until fragrant, approximately 30 seconds.
- Add the green beans, diced tomatoes, and stock to the skillet. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the green beans are cooked but still have a bite, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the beans from the heat. Add the fresh basil and stir. Season to taste with salt, black pepper, and basil. If you want more sauce, add a little more stock. Serve immediately.