A vegetarian pizza featuring the flavors of buffalo chicken wings, this Vegetarian Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza is perfect for game day and celebrating the Super Bowl! Roasted cauliflower is tossed with buffalo wing sauce on a ranch pizza crust with more buffalo wing sauce, melted mozzarella cheese, and red onion.
This Vegetarian Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza is magic, you guys. I did not think I was going to love it as much as I do. The cauliflower takes place of standard chicken and is tossed with buffalo wing sauce and pre-roasted to ensure it is tender. The ranch pizza crust is then sauced with additional buffalo sauce, cheese, and the cauliflower. I also added some sliced red onion and then cooked the pizza until the cheese was melted. It is just AMAZING. The saucier you make it, the more heat it has, and I like it saucy. So even though my mouth was on fire after a couple pieces, I could not get enough! Totally worth it.
This post contains affiliate links.
I love the flavors of buffalo chicken but do not always want to eat meat. So this Vegetarian Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza is perfect! I really love the cauliflower because it gives great texture to the pizza. I do love blue cheese, so I love to add some blue cheese crumbles on top before baking sometimes. But since blue cheese is so strong, it does take away from the crust’s ranch flavor. I use my Ranch Pizza Crust for this pizza, because I believe in flavorful crusts that are not boring! You can use any crust or dough that you would like, but the ranch pays tribute to the traditional buffalo sauce experience.
Find the rest of our pizza recipes here! From dough to sauce to toppings, we have you covered.
- Heat oven to 450F.
- Chop the cauliflower into florets. Toss it with the garlic powder, salt, and 1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce.
- Spread the cauliflower out onto a baking sheet and roast until just tender, approximately 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place your pizza stone or a large baking sheet in the oven to heat.
- Take your pizza crust (par-baked, see note) and brush some olive oil along the crust edge. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and/or Parmesan as desired.
- Spread approximately 1/3 cup additional buffalo wing sauce on the crust. Use more or less as needed. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the pizza.
- Add the red onion and cauliflower across the top of the pizza.
- Place the pizza on your baking sheet or pizza stone and cook until the cheese is melted, approximately 10 minutes.
- Top with your desired toppings such as sour cream, blue cheese crumbles, and green onions. Serve immediately.