Cranberry Walnut Zucchini Bread is a warm, delicious bread filled with lots of mix ins. Easy to make!
This post contains affiliate links.
I like to grow zucchini in my garden every year, and it always produces a lot! So when I have a bumper crop, and I am pulling 10-15 pounds out of the garden in a week, this is one of the first things I make. (I also love to make Three Cheese Zucchini Parmesan!) You can find more zucchini recipes here!
I am a huge fan of mix ins in things like bread because it provides texture and bursts of flavor. This Cranberry Walnut Zucchini Bread gets a little crunch from the walnuts and some juicy, tangy spots from the dried cranberries. The zucchini is also shredded so you have a little texture running throughout the bread as well. And I just love the streaks of green from the shredded courgette zucchini running through the bread, it is so pretty! I have always made this as a loaf, but you could easily make little muffins or a flat loaf in a cake pan as well!
Cranberry Walnut Zucchini Bread make a great appetizer, just served up in wedges. It is also a great snack to have on hand and could even be toasted and buttered.
- 1 pound zucchini
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter melted (3/4 stick)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt Greek or regular is fine (or sour cream)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375F with the rack in the middle position.
- Remove the stems from the zucchini and shred on a large hole grater. Let the zucchini strain in a sieve or place between clean towels and squeeze extra moisture out of the zucchini.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, salt, dried cranberries, and chopped walnuts.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, melted butter, eggs, yogurt, and lemon juice.
- Add the egg mixture and zucchini to the flour mixture. Fold until the ingredients are just combined. You will have a very thick batter.
- Spray a bread loaf baking pan generously with nonstick spray. Scoop the batter into the pan and level out the top. If desired, add a few more cranberries and chopped walnuts to the top.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour until a toothpick inserted in the center is clean of dough and has just a few crumbs.
- When done, remove the bread from the oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove the bread from the pan and finish cooling on a rack for one hour.