These Banana Overnight Oats are a perfect meal prep recipe for breakfast and on the go snacks! Made with just a few simple ingredients that you can prepare for the entire week.
Healthy and Simple Overnight Oats
If you are looking for fast and easy grab-and-go recipes for breakfast, overnight oats are a simple healthy option!
These oats are so easy to make and have prepped in the fridge for anyone to grab, and you can eat them hot or cold!
Can Banana Go in Overnight Oats?
The bananas might start to oxidize and turn brown if you cut them up too far in advance. For a fresh banana, add the slices the morning you are going to eat them.
Can We Mix Oats and Banana Together?
They are both full of fiber and taste great together.
And I like to add a little mashed banana mixed up into the oats in addition to some banana pieces for maximum flavor.
Are Overnight Oats Good for Weight Loss?
Yes. A primary reason why they are seen as healthy are that overnight oats have lots of fiber.
This fiber is not only good for you but keeps you full longer.
What is in Banana Overnight Oats?
Here is what you need to make this recipe:
- Milk (or any plant milk)
- Plain Yogurt (can be Greek) (or any complimentary flavor like honey, etc)
- Chia Seeds
- Honey (or maple syrup, or agave)
Are Chia Seeds Necessary for Overnight Oats?
No. You could make this without the chia seeds.
But the seeds to greatly contribute to the texture.
They absorb moisture, so if you omit them, I would reduce the milk to 1/3 cup.
How Long do Banana Overnight Oats Last?
How long do banana Overnight oats last in the fridge? These oats taste best within a day, but can last 4-5 days.
The shelf life is a little shorter than other oats like Blueberry Overnight Oats because the bananas will oxidize and start to get unpleasant.
- 16 Ounce Mason Jar or other sealable container
- Place all of the ingredients except the banana in a jar or sealable container. Mix well to combine.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to eat or shortly before (such as that morning), slice up the banana and put in the jar.Want extra banana flavor, you can mash half of the banana to mix in, and then put the other half on top as slices!Eat straight out of the jar, or heat in the microwave for 45 seconds (before adding the banana). Best eaten within 24 hours of making, but lasts up to 5 days.
- Old fashioned or steel cut oats are best as they have great texture. Quick oats will have a softer texture.
- You can use a flavored plain or Greek yogurt for additional flavor. Anything that pairs well with banana will work such as honey, strawberry, and raspberry.