Caprese Cheese Dip is quick and simple to whip up. Three cheeses are melted and topped with a fresh tomato and basil mixture.
This post contains affiliate links.
I love a good cheese dip. I have a cheese dip that I make for most entertaining events. And if I dare not make it, you can bet I get comments about it until I jump in the kitchen and whip some up. Cheese dip really is mandatory at this point, and something people expect me to make and bring to any holiday or event. That is the beauty of this Caprese Cheese Dip: it takes just a few minutes to make.
Caprese is a classic Italian flavor combination of fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil. This Caprese Cheese Dip uses three cheeses: mozzarella, Parmesan, and cream cheese. The cheeses are mixed with some seasonings and fresh basil and once melted, topped with the tomato mixture. The first time I made this caprese variation, I was hooked! I did not think I could ever make a cheese dip better than “the original” but this one might just be the best flavor combo I have ever made.
I also love making caprese flavored recipes. My mom loves caprese anything because the flavors are so strong, fresh, and bright. Find more caprese inspired recipes here! This Pesto Caprese Penne Pasta is one of the most popular recipes on the site lately. One of my absolute favorites is this Caprese Pesto Risotto! There are just so many great recipes and ways to enjoy these classic flavors together in new ways.
Crostini are a great dunker for this cheese dip. You could also use chips, vegetables, or crackers. Get the crostini recipe here! Top off the cheese dip with some additional Parmesan cheese and balsamic glaze for the perfect finishing touches.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil finely chopped (or 1 Tablespoon dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- balsamic glaze for finishing, optional (see note for recipe link)
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese for finishing, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine all of the cheese dip ingredients in an oven safe dish for serving. You do not need to mix them up yet, but make sure the basil is buried so that it does not burn from direct heat.
- Bake the cheese dip until the cheese is melted, stirring occassionally.
- While the cheese dip is cooking, make the tomato topping by combining those ingredients in a small bowl. Adjust taste to preference with more of any ingredient as desired.
- When ready to serve, spoon the tomato topping across the cheese dip. Garnish with additional basil or fresh Parmesan if desired. Serve immediately with dunkers like chips or crostini.