This simple and fresh Orange Martini is a fun cocktail to serve up for your friends and family!
I had some fun experimenting with this Orange Martini recipe and made seven different variations trying to find the perfect flavor balance.
Taste testing can be so difficult sometimes. 🙂
I tried classic martini with some vermouth, sweet with some homemade orange simple syrup, and all sorts of different juices and liquors.
But after all that testing, this was my favorite variation.
Simple, but oh so delicious.
I very strongly recommend using freshly squeezed orange juice.
It is going to give you the best fresh flavor without a lot of sugar and heaviness.
Bottled orange juice will work, but definitely not the same.
Another fun touch if possible is serving the Orange Martini in a frosted martini glass.
Simply place the glasses in the freezer ahead of time and they will be frosty cold when serving.
Not an option? Or on round 2?
Fill up the glass with LOTS of ice and let it sit while making the cocktail. The ice will provide a little chill for the glass.
I do not always worry about garnish at home beyond basics like lemon wedges, but using some fresh orange peel makes this drink just heavenly!
Use a peeler on the oranges before juicing them, and store the peels in some water so they do not dry out until you want to use them (if not using right away).
Then wipe them around the rim of the glass and either pop them in the cocktail or hang them over the side with a curl.
When you lean in for a sip, you will get this amazing, fresh, bright citrus smell.
- 2 ounces vodka (or gin) (1/4 cup)
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed orange juice (2 Tablespoons)
- 1 ounce triple sec or another orange liqueur (2 Tablespoons)
- orange peel for garnish, optional
- Peel orange with a peeler if using for a garnish and set aside. Squeeze the fresh orange juice.
- Fill a shaker with ice, the vodka (gin), orange juice, and triple sec.
- Shake for 30 seconds and strain into a martini glass.
- Run an orange peel piece around the rim and serve.
2 thoughts on “Orange Martini”
Oh, very nice recipe, thank you!
I absolutely love orange cocktails and this looks so delicious! I’m going to try it as soon as possible!