A sweet and savory salad, this Prosciutto Plum Arugula Salad with Mozzarella is perfect for the summer!
This post contains affiliate links.
If I am eating a salad, I want it to be filled with delicious, fun ingredients. This plum salad is just that! Fresh and peppery arugula lettuce is topped with sweet plums, salty prosciutto ham, and creamy fresh mozzarella with a crisp dressing.
You can find prosciutto ham in thin slices packaged near your deli counter. It can be a little pricey, but a little goes a long way! And it is delicious!
For a slightly different flavor, you could choose to grill or roast the plums. I personally love the freshness of them, but if you cook them, they will start to soften and caramelize a little. Grill over medium heat before slicing for 5 minutes, or bake/roast at 400F for approximately 15 minutes.
I am a huge fan of arugula and love it in this Prosciutto Plum Arugula Salad with Mozzarella. Arugula looks a little like an oak leaf with a lot of swirly edges, and it has a peppery flavor. This makes it balance extremely well with sweet and citrus flavors. You can also swap it out for any lettuce you like!
And fresh mozzarella is worth it in this recipe! I love to use mozzarella pearls as they come in small round pieces already, but you can use any shape and just cut it up.
I love this lemon honey dressing with the prosciutto salad, but you can use anything you like. I would recommend something that has citrus or herb notes to it, that is not too heavy. And even with some honey, this is not a sweet dressing. The honey simply balances the mustard and citrus. If you go with something sweet, it might make the salad overly sweet as a whole, unless that is what you are going for.
Prosciutto Plum Arugula Salad with Mozzarella
- Make your dressing. Combine the juice of 1 lemon and the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut the plums and remove the pits. Cut into slices.
- Place the arugula in a bowl.
- Place the plum slices across the lettuce.
- Tear each slice of prosciutto into approximately 4 pieces. Scatter the ham across the salad.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella across the salad.
- Serve the salad alongside the dressing.