This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls are a perfect game-day snack or appetizer! Chicken is tossed with buffalo wing sauce and layered with cheese and spices. Rolled up and cooked in an air fryer.
Table of Contents
Why You Will Love This Recipe
I just love finding new ways to use buffalo chicken and buffalo wing flavors in fun and exciting foods for game day.
These Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls are a great finger food with lots of flavor!
These are the ingredients you need for this recipe:
- Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Cream Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Ranch Seasoning
- Egg Roll Wrappers
- Ranch Dressing
- Fresh Parsley
Here is what you need to make this recipe:
Combine the cooked, shredded chicken and the buffalo wing sauce in a measuring cup or small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, mozzarella, ranch seasoning, garlic powder, and salt. Stir to combine. Set aside.
Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate until serving.
Now it is time to get rolling!
Place a Tablespoon of cheese mixture about 1/3 of the way up from the bottom of the wrapper, spreading out and leaving 1 inch edge on each side.
Want it super creamy and cheesy? Double up the cheese mixture and use 2 Tablespoons.
Then add 2 Tablespoons of the chicken on top.
Fold the bottom edge of the wrapper up over the chicken, then fold in the sides.
Start rolling up the wrapper and use your fingers to put water on the top edge of the wrapper before sealing to help it stick and seal.
Get your air fryer plugged in and set for 400F and set the timer for 8 minutes.
Put the egg rolls in the air fryer basket, not touching, and spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray. You may need to cook in batches depending on how many you are making. The spray will help them crisp up and turn golden!
Then let them cook for about 5 minutes. Pull the drawer out, flip the rolls, spray again, and finish cooking.
Remove with tongs and serve with the sauce. That’s it!
Exploding Egg Rolls
You might have a few egg rolls start to crack, leak, or explode
Why does this happen? Moisture inside the wrapper creates steam and the steam creates pressure when trying to escape. This moisture comes from the cheese and buffalo sauce.
I found any exploding to be minimal when cooking as per the instructions. It got worse when cooked longer, so beware if you are going for extra crispy!
Modifications and Substitutions
Use Monterey Jack Cheese or even pepperjack in place of mozzarella if desired.
Make it spicy by using a little more buffalo wing sauce or a hot level of the sauce.
Spring roll wrappers can be used but you are more likely to get holes or explosions from them.
These rolls can also be baked instead of cooked in the air fryer. Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes. See more information on the baking version with our Baked Reuben Egg Rolls.
Try to avoid the temptation to use too much sauce inside the rolls as it can mean they are more likely to explode. This is where the serving sauce can be helpful!
Also avoid the temptation to overstuff so they do not break open when cooking.
You will need chicken, buffalo sauce, egg roll wrappers, cream cheese, mozzarella, ranch seasoning, plus a couple more spices.
See above in the Ingredients section for more details.
No. Spring roll wrappers are much thinner. This means they tend to be crispier but are also more delicate.
Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or Monterey jack
- 1/2 teaspoon Ranch seasoning mix (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 Tablespoon buffalo wing sauce (or more to taste)
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh parsley chopped, optional
- Combine the cooked, shredded chicken and the buffalo sauce in a measuring cup or small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.2 cups cooked chicken, 1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, mozzarella, ranch seasoning, garlic powder, and salt. Stir to combine. Set aside.4 ounces cream cheese, 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/2 teaspoon Ranch seasoning mix, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small container. Chill until ready to serve.1/2 cup ranch dressing, 1 Tablespoon buffalo wing sauce, 1/2 Tablespoon fresh parsley
- About 1/3 of the way up from the bottom of an egg roll wrapper, spread 1 Tablespoon of the cheese mixture across the wrapper leaving 1 inch on each side.8 egg roll wrappers
- Scoop 2 Tablespoons of the chicken on top of the cheese.
- Fold up the bottom flap of the wrapper over the chicken. Then fold in the side.
- Roll the egg roll up. Use your fingers to wet the top edge of the wrapper with water before closing to help it seal.
- Repeat with the remaining egg rolls.
- Place the egg rolls in the air fryer basket. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Set the fryer for 390-400F and 8 minutes. Flip the egg rolls and spray again about 5 minutes in.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve immediately with the dipping sauce.