This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FranksRedHotTailgate
Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls are a perfect game-day snack or appetizer! Made with Frank’s RedHot®.
Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
I just love finding new ways to use buffalo chicken and buffalo wing flavors in fun and exciting foods for game day. Whether Buffalo Ranch Roasted Chickpeas or Buffalo Chicken Cheese Dip, you are sure to find something with this flavor combination at every game day party at our house!
These Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls are a great finger food with lots of flavor!
I just love the variety of flavors in Frank’s RedHot sauces!
You can easily shop online through the following link to get your own! I easily find them at King Soopers (Kroger), my favorite place to go grocery shopping, both online and in-store. I can grab everything in one place and be ready for game day!
The Frank’s RedHot Sauce is versatile and perfect to use as a hot sauce on anything! Their Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce is my go-to for all things tailgate, and their Frank’s RedHot Sweet Chili is perfect for my Asian food cravings!
Exploding Egg Rolls
You might have a few egg rolls start to crack, leak, or explode
Why does this happen? Moisture inside the wrapper creates steam and the steam creates pressure when trying to escape. This moisture comes from the cheese and Frank’s RedHot sauce.
I found any exploding to be minimal when cooking as per the instructions. It got worse when cooked longer, so beware if you are going for extra crispy!
Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
My go-to buffalo wing sauce, and hot sauce, is Frank’s RedHot for the perfect blend of flavor and heat. I think it is just the most delicious sauce that is out there!
Frank’s RedHot was also one of the ingredients used in the first Buffalo Chicken Wings back in 1964, so “if it ain’t Frank’s RedHot it ain’t buffalo!”
Get all your ingredients ready to go by combining the Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce with the shredded chicken inside of a Pyrex® measuring cup or dish. The measuring cup makes it super easy to measure and mix without dirtying another dish, plus I just LOVE the lid it comes with!
Mix up the sauce and refrigerate, using more Frank’s RedHot if desired for heat.
Then mix up your cheese mixture. And you are ready to roll!
Combine the cooked, shredded chicken and the Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce in the Pyrex measuring cup and stir to combine. Set aside.
In a small Pyrex bowl, combine the cream cheese, mozzarella, ranch seasoning, garlic powder, and salt. Stir to combine. Set aside.
Combine the sauce ingredients in a small Pyrex and refrigerate until serving.
Now it is time to get rolling!
Place a Tablespoon of cheese mixture about 1/3 of the way up from the bottom of the wrapper, spreading out and leaving 1 inch edge on each side.
Want it super creamy and cheesy? Double up the cheese mixture and use 2 Tablespoons.
Then add 2 Tablespoons of the chicken on top.
Fold the bottom edge of the wrapper up over the chicken, then fold in the sides.
Start rolling up the wrapper and use your fingers to put water on the top edge of the wrapper before sealing to help it stick and seal.
I love the Instant Pot Vortex because it has multiple cooking features on the same product. I already have arguably too many kitchen gadgets and tools, and am not a fan of single-use items. So this Vortex is perfect for being able to cook multiple ways all in one device.
Get your Instant Pot Vortex plugged in and set for 390 or 400F and set the timer for 8 minutes.
Put the egg rolls in the air fryer basket, not touching, and spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray. You may need to cook in batches depending on how many you are making. The spray will help them crisp up and turn golden!
Then let them cook for about 5 minutes. Pull the drawer out, flip the rolls, spray again, and finish cooking.
Remove with tongs and serve with the sauce. That’s it!
Serve these up on Corelle plates which are perfect for tailgating and game day. They are sturdy, do not chip, and look great!
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1/3 cup Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or Monterey jack
- 1/2 teaspoon Ranch seasoning mix (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 Tablespoon Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce (or more to taste)
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh parsley chopped, optional
- Combine the cooked, shredded chicken and the Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce in the Pyrex measuring cup and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a small Pyrex bowl, combine the cream cheese, mozzarella, ranch seasoning, garlic powder, and salt. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small Pyrex container. Chill until ready to serve.
- About 1/3 of the way up from the bottom of an egg roll wrapper, spread 1 Tablespoon of the cheese mixture across the wrapper leaving 1 inch on each side.
- Scoop 2 Tablespoons of the chicken on top of the cheese.
- Fold up the bottom flap of the wrapper over the chicken. Then fold in the side.
- Roll the egg roll up. Use your fingers to wet the top edge of the wrapper with water before closing to help it seal.
- Repeat with the remaining egg rolls.
- Place the egg rolls in the Instant Pot Vortex air fryer basket. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Set the fryer for 390-400F and 8 minutes. Flip the egg rolls and spray again about 5 minutes in.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve immediately with the dipping sauce.