A fast and easy Cinnamon Apple Dessert Sauce that is versatile for all of your fall cooking!
This post contains affiliate links.
I am just obsessed with fall and love everything that comes with it.
Certain flavors are synonymous with seasons and while fall is typically ruled by pumpkin spice, cinnamon apple is high on the list as well!
I made this sauce for my Cinnamon Apple Waffles but it is also a versatile condiment!
Put this Cinnamon Apple Dessert Sauce on ice cream, pie, cake, and more!
I also even put a variation of it inside of our Cinnamon Apple Brie Puff Pastry!
When you make this dessert sauce, your kitchen is going to fill with the amazing smells of cinnamon and apple.
Almost like having a really high quality candle that brings you right into fall with the changing leaves and crisp weather.
This sauce is a great balance between texture in the apples and still having a runny, delicious sauce.
If you want a thicker sauce, eliminate the water.
Just be careful in cooking so that the sugar does not turn into a thick, firm caramel. This has not happened to me yet with all of the times I have done this, but just in case!
Really any type of apple would work for this Cinnamon Apple Dessert Sauce.
I typically have crisper, firmer apples on hand like Fuji, Gala or Honeycrisp, and they hold their texture more in the sauce.
Just like with baking apples, some will get much softer in texture like Red Delicious.
Use whatever you like or have based on preference. Odds are if you like them raw, you will like them cooked!
Get your Cinnamon Apple fix with this collection of recipes! An easy Cinnamon Apple Cream Cheese Dip that is popular every autumn! A delicious homemade Cinnamon Apple Cranberry Sauce perfect for the holidays. A quick twist on the classic crescent roll. These Oat Cinnamon Apple Dog Treats are a great way for your puppy to celebrate fall!
Cinnamon Apple Recipes
Cinnamon Apple Cream Cheese Dip
Cinnamon Apple Cranberry Sauce
Cinnamon Apple Brie Crescent Rolls
Oat Cinnamon Apple Dog Treats
Get your Cinnamon Apple fix with this collection of recipes!
An easy Cinnamon Apple Cream Cheese Dip that is popular every autumn!
A delicious homemade Cinnamon Apple Cranberry Sauce perfect for the holidays.
A quick twist on the classic crescent roll.
These Oat Cinnamon Apple Dog Treats are a great way for your puppy to celebrate fall!
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ pounds apples (approximately 5, I like Fuji or Honeycrisp or Gala)
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the water, sugar, cinnamon, and salt to the butter. Stir to dissolve.
- While the liquid is heating, prep the apples. Peel them, core them, and dice them into approximately 1/2 inch chunks.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and add the chopped apples.
- Cover the apples, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking until the apples are tender and the sauce is as thick or thin as desired, approximately 10 minutes. (If sauce is too thick, add a little water. If too thin, continue cooking and/or increase heat).
- Sauce can be refrigerated up to 2 days. Reheat in the microwave stirring every 15 seconds, until heated through.