An easy Strawberry Banana Bread recipe perfect for summer! A moist banana bread is filled with fresh strawberries.
This post contains affiliate links.
I am a big lover of berries. I remember growing up with strawberries in the garden and loved eating them right off the plant, assuming the slugs did not get them! Every year when strawberry season starts, I like to load up on strawberry recipes to get my fix.
If strawberries are not in season, you could try using frozen strawberries. However frozen berries are packed with a lot of water that is released in cooking, so you will want to make sure that they are defrosted and drained before baking. Otherwise you will end up with a water logged bread.
This easy banana bread recipe is incredibly simple to make. I have never had a batch go “wrong.” I brought this Strawberry Banana Bread camping and it was a popular snack!
If your bananas are not ripe enough yet, there is a simple way to get them ready for the homemade Strawberry Banana Bread. While the oven is preheating for the bread at 350F, bake the bananas in the oven until their skins are dark and the bananas are soft. I have left a few in there a little too long, but it still works out perfectly! By using or making soft and over ripe bananas, the bananas develop sugars that enhance the banana flavor and make it easier to blend in the bread.
You can switch it up and use any fresh berries you have on hand! Find more of our banana bread recipes and strawberry recipes below.
- Preheat oven to 350F with the rack in the middle position.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mashed banana, butter, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla extract.
- Trim the strawberries and cut into large chunks.
- Generously coat a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Gently fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture, and add the strawberries, until it is just combined. Some chunks and streaks is okay, and it will be thick.
- Spread the batter into the loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Bake in the oven at 350F until cooked through, approximately 50-60 minutes. A toothpick or cake pick inserted in the middle should come out with just a few crumbs.
- Remove from oven. Let the bread sit in the pan for 10 minutes, then flip out and let cool on a cooling rack complete, approximately 1 hour.