This Lucky Charms Cereal Bar is a fun St. Patrick’s Day recipe! Gluten free and great for a snack or treat.
I love fun St. Patrick’s Day recipes like these marshmallow cereal bars!
I remember my sister always trying to pick out just the marshmallows and leaving the cereal. These bars get around that while still being delicious and fun!
I was not much of a cereal person but always loved the colors of these marshmallows. I wish they had the unicorn ones when I was little!
Consider these Lucky Charms Cereal Bars as a kid friendly meal prep item!
They take just minutes to put together and are a perfect snack, or even breakfast, to grab on the go.
Cereal Bar Ingredients
This Lucky Charms Cereal Bar is flexible for what you have on hand or prefer!
I love to use yogurt chips mixed in with the cereal. You could also use white chocolate chips, but then it turns into more of a dessert bar.
Alternatively, you can skip the chips and just add more cereal.
Peanut butter can be replaced with any favorite nut butter, like almond butter.
And I like maple syrup, especially since it uses a good amount of it in this recipe, but you could also swap it for honey, agave, or any other sticky syrup.
What are Cereal Bars?
Cereal bars are somewhat new to me that I learned about rather recently.
They are made primarily with cereal and mixed with things like nut butters, honey, and maple syrup to get them sticky enough to form into bars.
These are made with Lucky Charms Cereal which make them fun for St. Patrick’s Day as a snack, dessert, or easy breakfast.
I love how the marshmallows bring pops of color and fun marshmallow shapes to the bars!
And since Lucky Charms are gluten free, so are these treat bars!
Storing the Cereal Bars
You can keep these cereal bars in an airtight container for up to a week.
They might be a little sticky, so if desired you can wrap each in parchment paper. Or just put paper between stacked layers.
The cereal bars are best when still soft!
St Patrick's Day Irish Recipes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 1/2 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 1/2 cup yogurt chips (or white chocolate chips, or more cereal)
- Line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Spray the parchment with nonstick spray.
- Melt the peanut butter and maple syrup together in the microwave by heating for 30 seconds in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Pour the cereal mixture into the baking sheet and press into an even layer.
- Chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator for the bars to set.
- Remove from the refrigerator, remove from the pan with the parchment, and cut into bars.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.