Homemade Pizza Popcorn is a delicious snack recipe! Fresh or bagged popcorn is seasoned with Italian pizza herbs. It makes a great snack, especially for game day or movie night.
This post contains affiliate links.
Pizza Popcorn Seasoning
Now when I first think of Pizza Popcorn, I think of pizza doused in sauce and melted cheese because to me, those are the two biggest flavor components besides toppings of a pizza.
But that won’t exactly work for popcorn, so we are going to focus on the herbs and cheese flavors.
Popcorn is such a great snack for entertaining and movie night, and I love that homemade popcorn is still incredibly fast!
Just 10 minutes and you can have your custom seasoned popcorn, like this Homemade Pizza Popcorn. There are so many fun flavors you can make to jazz up your snack. Find more popcorn recipes here!
There are a lot of different homemade popcorn options out there, like microwaveable bowls and machines.
This machine is perfect for a desk, but I typically prefer to make popcorn on the stove with a large stockpot. Get popcorn kernels here!
Here is what you need to make this homemade popcorn:
- Popcorn Kernels
- Vegetable Oil
- Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Oregano
- Red Pepper Flakes
How do you make popcorn at home step by step?
I like to make my popcorn fresh from kernels. To do this, add the oil and kernels to a large pot with a lid ajar on the pot.
Heat the oil and kernels, shaking the pot back and forth, until they are popping. Keep the lid on but ajar to keep the kernels from popping everywhere!
When most of the kernels have popped and the popping is slowing, remove from the heat. This will take around 7 minutes.
Drizzle the popcorn with a little more oil (or melted butter!) and sprinkle with the seasonings. Toss to coat and serve warm.
If you want to make bagged popcorn and sprinkle the seasoning on top, this will work!
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil plus more for dressing
- 2 Tablespoons popcorn kernels
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cook the popcorn as per package directions, or as follows: Add the oil to a large, 3 quart or larger pot over medium heat. Add the popcorn kernels and cover, with the lid ajar.
- Shake the pot back and forth every few minutes. Remove from the heat when the popping has slowed and most kernels are popped, approximately 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Drizzle the popcorn with just a little more oil and add the remaining ingredients to the popped popcorn. Stir to coat. Add a little more oil if needed to get everything to stick. Season to taste with more of any seasoning.
More Homemade Popcorn
Easy and fast homemade popcorn recipes! Use on bagged or fresh popcorn for a delicious snack!
Homemade Parmesan Garlic Popcorn
Our most popular popcorn! Flavored with lots of garlic and cheese.
Homemade Chipotle Cheddar Popcorn
A smoky cheesy Homemade Chipotle Cheddar Popcorn with strong flavor.
Homemade Habanero Garlic Spicy Popcorn
Love spicy? This Homemade Habanero Garlic Spicy Popcorn is made with ground, dried habanero for a strong spice kick.
Homemade Ginger Curry Popcorn
Inspired by curry and Indian foods, Homemade Ginger Curry Popcorn is packed with warm spice flavor.
3 thoughts on “Pizza Popcorn”