Caprese Pesto Crostini are fun party finger food. Crostini bread slices are topped with fresh basil pesto and a mixture of marinated cherry tomatoes and fresh mozzarella.
This post contains affiliate links.
I made these Caprese Pesto Crostini when some friends were over and they disappeared in just minutes! Not only are they just adorable, but the pesto is a bold, strong flavor that we love.
Crostini are perfect for holiday parties and gatherings. Not only are they a fantastic finger food and easy to eat, but the topping possibilities are endless! Find all of our crostini recipes here! These Caprese Pesto Crostini are packed full of flavor.
Basil pesto is one of my favorite things. I fell in love with pesto when I was living in Italy for college. The best Italian food is simple and fresh flavors, exactly like pesto. Pesto is so incredibly fast and easy to make that it makes a regular appearance during the week. Pesto is made with fresh, bright flavors and is perfect with pasta, vegetables, chicken, beef, and more! I also love to just dip bread in it. Get our recipe for Basil Pesto here!
Caprese is typically something you see as a salad at a restaurant. It is served as slices of juicy, ripe tomatoes, sliced fresh mozzarella, and basil leaves. Those same fresh flavors can be transformed and used in so many ways! My mom is a big fan of caprese so I have been using these ingredients in a lot of recipe ideas. Find our caprese recipe collection here!
Aren’t these vegetarian Caprese Pesto Crostini beautiful? The bright colors of red, green, and white stick out and are visually catching. Just what you want for a holiday or party! And these crostini would be amazing with a little balsamic glaze drizzled on top as well. Get the recipe for balsamic glaze here!
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes (one pint)
- 8 ounces pearlini mozzarella (or fresh mozzarella cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 baguette
- 1 1/2 cups basil pesto (see recipe in notes)
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese optional, for garnishing
- balsamic glaze optional, for garnishing
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Place in a small bowl with the pearlini mozzarella. Drizzle with olive oil and add the dried basil. Stir to combine and set aside to marinate.
- Cut the baguette into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices. Bake them as per instructions for How to Make Crostini at the bottom of this recipe.
- While the crostini are cooking, make the pesto if it is not already done. Set aside.
- Let the crostini cool before topping so that the sauce does not melt into the bread.
- Spread 1-2 Tablespoons of pesto on top of each slice (the amount will vary depending on the shape and size of the bread). Add some of the marinated tomatoes and mozzarella to cover most of the top. Repeat with all bread slices.
- Sprinkle with fresh Parmesan cheese, leftover chopped fresh basil, or balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.