This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeItYourself #CollectiveBias #HomemadePizzaDough #HomemadeBaking #BakeFromScratch
This Chicken Pesto Caprese Pizza is inspired by one of the most popular recipes on this site, Pesto Caprese Penne Pasta. A delicious crust is topped with basil pesto, mozzarella cheese, shredded chicken, and cherry tomatoes. Best part is it is so simple and ready in just 30 minutes!
This post contains affiliate links.
I am a big fan of caprese anything. Caprese is fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, and tomatoes. The flavors are so simple yet so amazing together, and I have been busy using them in as many ways as I can! Find more caprese inspired recipes here!
Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast makes this Chicken Pesto Caprese Pizza taste amazing! Nothing better. The quality and taste of a homemade dough recipe is worth it. Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast has 150 years of experience, ensuring baking quality in yeast recipes that you will be excited to make and share. Make sure that you follow the instructions on the Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast package for best results. If you do not have a thermometer to measure the temperature of the water, the water should be very warm but not too hot. If too hot, it will kill the yeast and the dough will not rise. Also make sure that the yeast you are using is not expired, as that is typically a primary cause for dough not rising.
To make the Chicken Pesto Caprese Pizza, first get the homemade dough going using Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast. Combine the yeast, a cup of flour, the warm water, oil, sugar, and salt. Add a little more flour until the dough is soft and not too wet. Also add the dried basil and Parmesan to the dough. Knead on a floured surface until smooth and elastic, just a few minutes. Then let the dough rest for 10 minutes. It should look like this!
I LOVE a good basil pesto. You can find all of the pesto recipes here! The pesto in this recipe is a smaller batch of my popular Basil Pesto, but you can use any pre-made or store bought pesto that you like as well. If you are making your own pesto, make it while the dough is resting by combining all ingredients in a food processor and blending to your desired consistency. Also prep your tomatoes.
Preheat your oven and roll or pat the dough into a 12 inch circle. Pinch the edges to make a crust edge. Spread the pesto across the dough. Top with the cheese, tomatoes, and chicken. Bake until the cheese is melted and starting to turn golden, approximately 12 minutes. Top with some freshly sliced basil and Parmesan, and serve immediately.
This homemade Chicken Pesto Caprese Pizza is ready in just 30 minutes, which means a delicious, special pizza is just minutes away.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (more or less, from 1 3/4 - 2 1/4 cups, it depends on how dry your flour is)
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried basil
- 2 Tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese (or 1 Tablespoon dried/canned)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, 1 package Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, make the pesto sauce if you are not using pre-made pesto. Do this by combining all of the pesto ingredients in a food processor and blending until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pat or roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface until it is approximately 12 inches wide.
- Transfer the dough to a greased baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Spread the pesto along the dough, avoiding the crust edges.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese across the pesto. Top with the halved tomatoes and chicken. Sprinkle a little more Parmesan across the pizza if desired.
- Brush the edge of the crust with a little more oil and sprinkle with Parmesan or garlic powder, if desired.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.
- Thinly slice the remaining fresh basil, if using, and sprinkle across the top of the pizza. Cut and serve immediately alongside extra pesto, if desired.