Food should pop out at you and look just as amazing as you imagine it tastes. And so many appetizers tend to be in the realm of beige and colorless. I love to shake things up by using some striking colors in these Colored Deviled Eggs!
This post contains affiliate links.
I love these Colored Deviled Eggs because you can turn them into any color. I like to use multiple bright (or pastel!) colors for Easter, you can make team colors for a sporting event, red and green for Christmas, etc. And since the color does not change the flavor at all, you can use any deviled egg recipe that you like. I love to make my traditional deviled eggs. You can’t go wrong with a classic! Find our collection of deviled egg recipes here!The fun, bright colors are also a great way to appeal to kids and encourage them to go for the snacks or appetizers that are healthier than the standard fried and cheese covered treats. This is also a great way to get the kids in the kitchen, learning how to cook and being involved in the process. They will be more excited about what they are eating and have a sense of accomplishment that they were able to make something that looks so great and tastes good, too!I like to serve up deviled eggs on a dish built for them to keep them from sliding around and holds them upright. Even though these dishes have a singular purpose, we are always serving them for holidays and parties, so it gets good use! Find some deviled egg trays online!
- 6 hard boiled eggs peeled
- 4 food colorings of choice
- Slice your peeled, hard boiled eggs in half and scoop out the yolks into a small bowl.
- Fill four cups with 1/2 cup of water in each. Place 4 drops of food coloring in each cup in your desired colors.
- Put three egg halves into each color. Let them sit until you reach your desired darkness. For lighter colors, this could take just 15 minutes. For darker colors such as these pictures, it will be closer to one hour.
- Meanwhile, make your egg yolk mixture.
- When the eggs are your desired color, drain them on paper towels to remove the extra moisture.
- Fill eggs with your egg yolk mixture. Chill until ready to serve.